Mu_

Acceptance pointer, looking for feedback (video)

11 posts in this topic

Maybe I'm just excited and getting ahead of myself, but I do feel this is perhaps the most powerful pointer to feeling "better" now that I've made yet.  Let me know what you think, does it resonate?  Is there something to this pointer?  Any resistances or confusions.  Honestly curious, want to refine this message.  

I like what you are saying. Total self acceptance. 

Like you are perfect, yet you can make changes through healthy desire 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

There is something to those thoughts that pop into my mind when I'm thinking about whether I could accept or not. By genuinely contemplating those thoughts I can't really come up with an honest argument for not being able to. I figure out that those thoughts are self-made, like a house or cards. I can blow it down or imagine it's real and unbreakable. When I decide to let the house stand, I'm aware of the fact that I'm causing myself suffering. But it doesn't have to be that way, I can also break the house down and see what it's really worth. I'm aware that I sometimes tend to enjoy getting myself emerged into the illusion of the house, but there's nothing fundamentally wrong or bad with that either. It's just part of the game I'm playing here.

A thought scan as feedback to your pointing practise. Hope it makes sense :)

@Mu_ The issue is how do you accept yourself if let's say you have an incurable diseases like cancer. Do you accept and embrace cancer?

Or if you are super obese, do you accept and love the fact that you are super obese? Or do you do something about it.

The stuff you talked about is for stuff that's a little off, a little bad but a lot of people suffer from more that such stuff.

Edited by hyruga

You cannot love yourself if you cannot accept yourself. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

6 hours ago, hyruga said:

@Mu_ The issue is how do you accept yourself if let's say you have an incurable diseases like cancer. Do you accept and embrace cancer?

Or if you are super obese, do you accept and love the fact that you are super obese? Or do you do something about it.

The stuff you talked about is for stuff that's a little off, a little bad but a lot of people suffer from more that such stuff.

Why would it be a strange idea to accept yourself and love yourself if you have cancer? Accept it as a positive, but do what you need to do to get well if its possible and if you can't why fight and be negative about it?  Not going to help you as you die (given the example you gave).  Ya it is very strange, but the power to accept and not draw negatives about yourself is whats important here.

Same with super obese.  Don't let others or your own mind bring you down, but by all means make efforts to lose some weight for the health and longevity of your life, and yeah probably well being as well, since super obese isn't comfortable physically.  

What I'm pointing to is acceptance, an attitude, not letting your own mind or others minds and comments mean anything about you.

It's ok that I'm sad and feel guilty! I'm allowed to harbour this ill will toward myself that the productivity culture has instilled in me! I don't need to reject even the fact that I am continuously rejecting myself as not good enough in so so many ways. Thank you and best wishes to yourself and all of the lovely forum users who have come here to learn and develop under your guidance and our compassionate support for each other, may we find ourselves happy and healthy now and for years to come :x

8 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

Why would it be a strange idea to accept yourself and love yourself if you have cancer? Accept it as a positive, but do what you need to do to get well if its possible and if you can't why fight and be negative about it?  Not going to help you as you die (given the example you gave).  Ya it is very strange, but the power to accept and not draw negatives about yourself is whats important here.

Same with super obese.  Don't let others or your own mind bring you down, but by all means make efforts to lose some weight for the health and longevity of your life, and yeah probably well being as well, since super obese isn't comfortable physically.  

What I'm pointing to is acceptance, an attitude, not letting your own mind or others minds and comments mean anything about you.

Okay thank you.

Does that mean you accept and love your spirit/soul 100% and you can always work to improve on your mind, body and emotions?

30 minutes ago, hyruga said:

Does that mean you accept and love your spirit/soul 100% and you can always work to improve on your mind, body and emotions?

@hyruga You can always do whatever you want. However, we are afraid that if we give ourselves everything we want in the present moment, we no longer will have the resources or even the desire to continue to stand up for what we believe in, therefore rendering us unable to prevent our shadow from running wild and spoiling all of our aspirations and dreams for us, causing us to have a more shitty life than if we had been afraid just a little longer. For me, this means long enough to become financially stable, defeat our impulses/cravings, or accomplish whatever self improvement means to us personally. The solution is to recognise that we are already completely perfect without having money or fewer bad habits, and then we don't need to work on ourselves anymore! This is essentially what I'm beginning to learn from my spiritual guides and practices. We change our attitude to ourselves so we don't feel like an incomplete project who needs optimizing before they are ready for happiness, but as a beautiful already finished product that never needed to be optimized. Now we have our end goal (sustainable happiness) and we didn't even need to do any work to get it! It's like a total win-win situation! This is just my current feelings on the path. Pic related :P

E5RTXQVVoAMDDQb.jpg

Edited by softlyblossoming

2 minutes ago, softlyblossoming said:

@hyruga You can always do whatever you want. However, we are afraid that if we give ourselves everything we want in the present moment, we no longer will have the resources or even the desire to continue to stand up for what we believe in, now unable to prevent our shadow from running wild and spoiling all of our aspirations and dreams for us, causing us to have a more shitty life than if we had been afraid just a little longer - such as long enough to become financially stable, defeat our impulses/cravings, or accomplish whatever self improvement means to us personally. The solution is to recognise that we are already completely perfect without having money or fewer bad habits, and then we don't need to work on ourselves anymore! This is essentially what I'm beginning to learn from my spiritual guides and practices. We change our attitude to ourselves to one not of an incomplete project who needs optimizing before they are ready for happiness, but a beautiful already finished product that never needed to be optimized. Now we have our end goal (sustainable happiness) and we didn't even need to do any work to get it! It's like a total win-win situation! This is just my current feelings on the path. Pic related :P

E5RTXQVVoAMDDQb.jpg

Thanks for your perspectives. :D