michaelcycle00

Does it even matter if you're all alone as "God"?

9 posts in this topic

Won't we just die and immediately go back to another sort of dream? It's not like we die and then just chill as God indefinitely all alone just doing I suppose absolutely nothing because there's nothing to do other than to dream? I guess this makes the whole "are there other bubbles within finite creation/relatively speaking?" carry even more weight because if there are, then saying you/me/we are "one" would carry 0 weight given that we probably only experience that for an instant before being bombarded back to another illusion where linear time and others occur. Is God at its own mercy? Can't do shit but dream and dream for eternity, always the same shit with so very slight differences. Linear time, concepts, others, limits, same old same old. If this is the case, then it makes no difference to say you're one or many, since you're not aware of it. If I hadn't stumbled upon "spirituality" and forums like this one I would've never known. I would've died being ignorant to "being one forever" and I would've been onto another dream where I again would not be aware of this fact. Doesn't make a difference now, does it?

Edited by michaelcycle00

God creates everything, therefor it can destroy everything. you could say that nothing exists but God, but slightly from a more practical point of view: you will be able to deconstruct your defense mechanisms and other assumptions of what is "true" that are getting in the way of your progress with your self-image/image of life, and that in turn can bless you with more rewarding life experience-you gravitate toward healthy practice, develop the way you present yourself, feel happier and more in control of your own state, less needy, better relationships etc.

1 hour ago, michaelcycle00 said:

same old same old

Merely a thought. It's a lot more radical than that.

Consider the possibility that this is the first moment to have ever taken place. Or in other words, eternity, which doesn't mean a lot of time, it means no time. The only thing that makes it seem like this isn't the first moment to have ever existed is memory, thought and all the rest that comes with a 'self'.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

No nothing matters, and that isn't good or bad......it's unconditional freedom!! 

It doesn't even matter that it doesn't matter which can seem to be an issue within the dream story of meaning, purpose & value.

In which also doesn't matter!!

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

11 hours ago, John Paul said:

@VeganAwake LOL YOUR PROFILE PIC

Thought you might like that ❤ 

I'm also a big fan of Cookie Monster!

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

It could only matter to the ego. God doesn't have these emotional reactions if it's all there is. And the idea if/when God feels lonely or bored (not sure if God is able to unless in the form of a finite form) then he can live life through a limited human/animal form to experience it. Most likely the idea of sollipsism is misinterpreted by the ego and a misleading idea of what is really is is formed in the ego mind. Maybe that would help people struggling with the sollipsism idea, idk. I haven't had a personal awakening of it though, just a disclaimer :P

Of course it does yeah. If nobody felt pain etc (I mean relatively) I'd just shoot anyone I dislike, rape anyone I find attractive, and rob old ladies when I need cash.

If they are sentient beings then there is empathy which comes into play.

I don't entirely know this, I have had encounters with "monism". During said encounters, I didn't actually have these musings anymore so it's not like I realized one way or another. I think I do believe other creatures are sentient.

When the Buddha spoke about "consciousness" he did something really bizarre and divided it up into things like eye-consciousness as though each sense has its own consciousness... None of these people knew IMO, not for sure, hence you have people FAR more dedicated and "gifted" than Leo or w.e. who fundamentally disagree regarding Atman... I don't think you can know DEFINITIVELY but, you can know "we are all one" in whatever flavor.

That's the realization all these figures had. And experientially I suppose it was the same for all of them. Interpretation and questions/answers come after.