Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RMQualtrough

What is the overarching external world imagined AS

10 posts in this topic

A person and an alien walk towards a signpost.

To the human it looks like it walked a distance of 100 metres and the signpost itself is like, a pole with a wooden arrow (w.e.).

To the alien, it may well look like it walked 5 metres, and the post itself might look like an eagle heiroglyph or some shit (because there's no reason this couldn't happen).

But both the human and the alien reach the "signpost". Its actuality can't be anything perceived, so it can't actually be "like" anything. As in, that is not just a theory, it's impossible anything could be "like" something without perception.

So wtf is it. It has to be nothing, because things are perceptions. But the nothing has some kind of shape and form to it, so beings with completely alien subjective experiences can agree there is "SOMETHING" there. What is the mechanism for the placement of "unspecified-nothingness-thing"? Are infinite versions of the same thing there at once? What is it though, that places it "there" at a specific spot in the landscape.....

@RMQualtrough it works just like a dream.  Reality is imaginary.  

Row your boat gently, merrily. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

Whatever you imagine it to be

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

In a human dream we can see certain brain regions light up while dreaming when we monitor it. The brains manufacture the dream while we are asleep.

If this life is a dream, what is the equivalent of the “brain” in this metaphor?

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

5 minutes ago, vizual said:

In a human dream we can see certain brain regions light up while dreaming when we monitor it. The brains manufacture the dream while we are asleep.

If this life is a dream, what is the equivalent of the “brain” in this metaphor?

You don't have a brain.You are pure Infinite Love.

You are your ❤

9 minutes ago, vizual said:

The brains manufacture the dream while we are asleep.

And the dream manufactures brains while we are 'awake'.  ;) 

8 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

And the dream manufactures brains while we are 'awake'.  ;) 

That doesn't make any sense though, as the dream is always the thing that is being manufactured. And in this metaphor the brains are a part of the dream. Just like in a movie the characters are not created by the movie. The characters are a part of the movie, or in the movie. The movie does not create anything.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

@vizual when you say 'the dream is always being manufactured'.. what is 'the dream'?   What are dreams 'made of'? 

It's Reality that's being manufactured by the dream.. not the other way around. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

4 hours ago, Mason Riggle said:

@RMQualtrough it works just like a dream.  Reality is imaginary.  

Row your boat gently, merrily. 

But I'm not controlling this, and also not controlling many aspects of my nighttime dreams either. That creeps me out... What IS "imagination" etc. Who decided to put a planet at X coordinates. It's very creepy.