Antor8188

Socially awkward guys

6 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura what I’ve seen is the guys who are socially awkward(suffer from autism,Asperger’s syndrome,etc) and even if they don’t have any mental illness they just don’t know how to behave in social situations that’s why they can’t get laid. What is your solution to that?

This kind of fits my description. My lack of social skills definitely hinders me. I've never been diagnosed with anything but I probably have some kind of social anxiety and mild aspergers or something maybe

Honestly though, I've made tons of progress in the past 6 months since moving out of my parents house, I'm just pushing my limits every weekend in terms of going out partying and just meeting lots of people. I've joined sports classes (jiu jitsu), I go to a chess club. Not to meet girls (you probably couldn't find worse hobbies to meet girls lol) but just to make sure I'm doing something social almost every night of the week

If you're not seriously autistic or have serious mental illness then you can learn social skills. It isn't easy and it's definitely scary but it's possible

4 minutes ago, something_else said:

If you're not seriously autistic or have serious mental illness then you can learn social skills. It isn't easy and it's definitely scary but it's possible

I agree.

Develop social tact. When people react to you negatively and you see that they are mostly sublime and polite, you have to reflect on how you speak to them, most autistic people make errors and say socially inappropriate things without realizing they're making it awkward for everyone else, and so you have to be careful about what you say and best not to say anything in a situation where you don't know what to say 

I've found that the most awkward moments when we fuck up with our words is generally when we don't have anything to say. Then silence is better. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Sometimes, I wish I could trade my good looks for eliminating my own Asperger’s issues.

14 hours ago, Antor8188 said:

@Leo Gura what I’ve seen is the guys who are socially awkward(suffer from autism,Asperger’s syndrome,etc) and even if they don’t have any mental illness they just don’t know how to behave in social situations that’s why they can’t get laid. What is your solution to that?

Of course guys with autism/Aspergers tend to struggle especially much in this area, however, today there are so many guys who are not autistic who are socially awkward simply due to lack of experience -- because they spend so much time online or playing video games. I used to be very socially awkward, but not because I was autistic, simply because I lacked experience.

The solution is to go gain massive experience in this area.

Owen from RSD is autistic. He is an example of how a struggling abused autistic kid can turn his life around. His videos show you the effort and principles it takes to do that.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.