Federico del pueblo

Should you first master your own psyche...

8 posts in this topic

... before you dive really deep in spirituality?

Or is it more like exploring spirituality deeply will make it easier to master your psyche, or maybe even that it's "mandatory" for psychological/emotional mastery?

Can you even draw a line between psychology and spirituality?

Is the only way to find out how much spirituality you "can take" to simply explore it or are there clear indicators for when deep spirituality is not yet appropriate?

I'm not unstable, suicidal, depressed or anything like that, I'm just not completely free of "fuck ups". 

How can you know how deep you can responsibly go?

I have been unstable, suicidal, depressed, and manic many times, but spirituality is what helped me have better “mastery” over my psyche than anything else ever has. Nothing else comes close for me tbh. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

@Federico del pueblo

We could bypass this question and just go straight towards the thing you deeply want to know that is can I do NOW spirituality? Why not just do spirituality and when you feel you can't or don't want then take break from it. Thing is that I suggest everyone just to meditate, because point of life is to be happy and meditation helps you to let go attachments and therefore you can be happy no matter what.

I don't know which person couldn't meditate, because in simplest way possible it is just enjoying being NOW. I myself haven't even touched psychedelics and I don't even see problem in that, if I don't just want to have some heightened levels of consciousness or get insights. If you ask could you do psychedelics then to that I would first ask you what you want from them and how that helps you to be happy and if it's possible to attain without psychedelics why not just do that first and do psychedelics when it is "needed".

I am not against psychedelics, but because you seem to be little bit conserned about spirituality I would start easy and go as deep as you "need" to be incredible happy by just existing. Even if you decide to try psychedelics I would start ridiculous small dosage, because what is there to lose by just being caution. If the problem is that you don't want to waste money, time or other resources then I wouldn't touch psychedelics, because that attitude can make you to take too much and just straight up make you have bad trip if you don't know how to surrender to that which happens.

Your question is basicly am I ready to play super mario and the answer is yes as long as you start from the first level and build your skill level to next level before evolving to next level. This analogy is also good in a sense that this attitude makes you love playing the game rather than trying to finish it, because when you are in the end what is there to do, but just BE watching credits of the game. So little tip for you is that the journey is the goal, because you are NOW playing this game so better to enjoy playing or what is the reason even touching the game to begin with.

-joNi-

Who told you that "others" are real?

There is no ought at these bottom layers of perception. And when there are they are inessential.

And that is paradoxical to my signature, were it taken as such a bottom layer.

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

I'm gonna use my brain to control my brain. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

15 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

I have been unstable, suicidal, depressed, and manic many times, but spirituality is what helped me have better “mastery” over my psyche than anything else ever has. Nothing else comes close for me tbh. 

Awesome.

Was it like certain trips enabled you to "skip levels" so to speak? Like suddenly you were able to perceive things in a different way, and you couldn't possibly just have thought yourself to these conclusions without tripping?

4 hours ago, Federico del pueblo said:

Awesome.

Was it like certain trips enabled you to "skip levels" so to speak? Like suddenly you were able to perceive things in a different way, and you couldn't possibly just have thought yourself to these conclusions without tripping?

Well, tripping was not as important as many of the Buddhist style realizations, practices, and experiences I had for “mastering” my psyche, yet I doubt that I would have made progress like that within the next 10-20 years without using psychedelics. Most of my spurts of progress on the Buddhist path occurred from meditating on psychedelics, but the first and most pivotal ones happened while just being on psychedelics while doing a lot of chakra work around those times. 

I do not see myself reaching this point without psychedelics honestly, nor do I see myself getting here without doing many sober practices as well. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

i don't recommend this work for anyone who is not mentally tough.

this means, if you are not ready to take a dive into the #1 thing you currently fear the most, whatever that means to you, personally, don't do hardcore spirituality, that is, self inquiry, contemplation, psychedelics, or zen practices. 

instead, do some mindfulness or some basic visualizations 

Edited by Mosess