Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yidaki

Light Therapy

8 posts in this topic

This is extremely important.

Light can be the way to regulate so many bodily functions:

This is evidence based, and can change your life for the better.

Get your circadian rythm right!

@YidakiNice. I’m definitely a believer in light medicine.

I bought one of those red light therapy devices and it seems to really work. It won’t get you vitamin D though.

@Yidaki@Yidaki thank you for sharing. I will definitely look into this 

Can artificial light at home, like those blue/red lights compensate for not getting enough sun? Or should we ditch those devices and only absorb sunlight? If you could let me know, would be very helpful. 

2 hours ago, aurum said:

@YidakiNice. I’m definitely a believer in light medicine.

I bought one of those red light therapy devices and it seems to really work. It won’t get you vitamin D though.

How does it work and what specific benefits have you had from it? Would really like to know. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

50 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

How does it work and what specific benefits have you had from it? Would really like to know. 

The idea is that as modern humans, we are not getting enough sunlight. We spend all day indoors under artificial lights that are unbalanced in terms of their spectrum output. Specifically, we tend to get way too much light from the blue side of the spectrum and not enough from the red side.

If we lived like our ancestors did, red light therapy devices would likely not need to exist. You'd simply get the full spectrum from the sun. But that's not the situation we are in. Modern society has come with some costs.

So as much as I might be frustrated over capitalism's commodification of all of life, the reality is that most of us should be using red light therapy devices. And if you're not, you want to be sure you're spending a lot of time outside, especially in the morning when the red light is strongest.

It's hard for me to pinpoint what exact changes I've seen since I've started using the red light myself. I do so many different biohacking / holistic health practices that isolating pieces of my routine doesn't work well. Nor am I a scientist that can run detailed lab experiments on myself.

Subjectively, I'd say the biggest improvement so far has been in my mood / energy levels. I do 10 minutes full body in the morning and it definitely wakes me up. And I'm just in a better mental head space for the rest of the day.

It's not perfect but it does seem to make a difference.

Oh and if you're feeling cold, red light therapy will warm you right up. I've been sweating a few times after my sessions, even though you're just standing there naked.

2 minutes ago, aurum said:

The idea is that as modern humans, we are not getting enough sunlight. We spend all day indoors under artificial lights that are unbalanced in terms of their spectrum output. Specifically, we tend to get way too much light from the blue side of the spectrum and not enough from the red side.

If we lived like our ancestors did, red light therapy devices would likely not need to exist. You'd simply get the full spectrum from the sun. But that's not the situation we are in. Modern society has come with some costs.

So as much as I might be frustrated over capitalism's commodification of all of life, the reality is that most of us should be using red light therapy devices. And if you're not, you want to be sure you're spending a lot of time outside, especially in the morning when the red light is strongest.

It's hard for me to pinpoint what exact changes I've seen since I've started using the red light myself. I do so many different biohacking / holistic health practices that isolating pieces of my routine doesn't work well. Nor am I a scientist that can run detailed lab experiments on myself.

Subjectively, I'd say the biggest improvement so far has been in my mood / energy levels. I do 10 minutes full body in the morning and it definitely wakes me up. And I'm just in a better mental head space for the rest of the day.

It's not perfect but it does seem to make a difference.

Oh and if you're feeling cold, red light therapy will warm you right up. I've been sweating a few times after my sessions, even though you're just standing there naked.

Thank you so much. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

good stuff, Andrew Huberman went deep into this in one on his "optimise your workspace" podcasts. Definitely worth watching. Been a while since I got so much value from a single video. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Blue light is strangest in the morning.

Red light is more predominant in the afternoon

@Yidaki huge fan of light

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?