Jahmaine

What characteristics would the “most” self realised being have?

10 posts in this topic

As a hypothetical, what would it appear like from the an external point of view? That said, also what do you think their own experience would be like? Going even further, is there such a limit that one can reach, as in, is there such a state that a human being or any being of form cannot transcend? 

No "own internal experience". Just like everything else.

4 minutes ago, Tim R said:

No "own internal experience". Just like everything else.

Care to elaborate?

There is no "internal" opposed to "external". Experience is, but no one who experiences.

10 minutes ago, Tim R said:

There is no "internal" opposed to "external". Experience is, but no one who experiences.

Yeah I understand that, but that doesn’t really answer my question(s). 
Unless what you’re saying is that someone that reached the “highest” state, would just be like an inanimate object? Or just acting very animalistic - like a pre-ego human. 
One of my question was what characteristics would they have from an external point of view, so if you don’t understand that, then I mean what would it look like to you “Tim” if you stumbled across a human being that was in such a state, what would your expectations be of how they would be interacting with you or the universe. Does that make more sense to you? 
also do you think there is a state that is absolute and cannot be “surpassed” per se.

Edited by Jahmaine

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

@Jahmaine

About "highest human potential", it reminds me of this story of Chinese general invading a Tibetan temple. There was one monk who didn't flee which greatly agitated the general. 

He said :

“Don’t you know who I am, monk?” the General hissed. “I could take this sword and run it through your belly without blinking an eye.”

The monk remained stolid, his expression unchanged. “And don’t you know who I am?” he replied. “I could have your sword run through my belly without blinking an eye.”

That's peak selflessness at zero personal bias. Hope it does help. 

7 minutes ago, Explorer_42 said:

@Jahmaine

About "highest human potential", it reminds me of this story of Chinese general invading a Tibetan temple. There was one monk who didn't flee which greatly agitated the general. 

He said :

“Don’t you know who I am, monk?” the General hissed. “I could take this sword and run it through your belly without blinking an eye.”

The monk remained stolid, his expression unchanged. “And don’t you know who I am?” he replied. “I could have your sword run through my belly without blinking an eye.”

That's peak selflessness at zero personal bias. Hope it does help. 

Yeah that makes sense, a non bias, akin to someone who takes both praise and critique the same. 
This post is just more a thought experiment, interested in what people’s perspectives are on this topic, especially our grand masters.