rnd

Can flaxseed be used as fish oil alternative?

27 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, rnd said:

How can it be eaten non processed? Red, non boiled,  non cooked, non processed at all, and with fresh blood in it?

You eat it in this way? Freshly killed cow?

Or how?

I'm shocked to know that you don't know what "processed" means in this context. But if you are not a native english speaker, I guess that would make sense. Processed in such a context does not include cooking. It mainly includes things that have been factory processed. Examples are Salami, Mortadella, Hot Dogs, Sausage, Canned Meat, Corned Beef, Dried Meat like Beef Jerky. 

So a steak grilled on a bbq pit or fried on a pan is NOT called "processed." The same applies to grilled chicken or oven baked chicken or pork tenderloin. 

I hope that made sense. 

And to answer your question, I like to fry my raw steak on a cast iron pan with avocado oil. I then add butter and garlic paste and baste it repeatedly and then let it rest for 5 minutes and eat it. 

Don't get shocked from such little detail, otherwise you'll have to pass out everyday from more serious, yet ordinary stuff. :D

Edited by rnd

On 13/2/2022 at 1:17 AM, Truth-Seeker said:

So eat whatever you want, but notice what is happening to you at a mental and physical level. Basically, cutting out grains MIGHT make you have insane clarity and energy and less sluggishness. Cutting out beans and nuts might make you have better bowel movements and less farts. 

Some people have genetics that make them process grains better...I don't think I'm one of them. But if you eat carnivore (plus fruits and dried fruits and honey and tea/coffee and maybe mushrooms too, due to the reasons I mentioned), you are golden with any genetics. 

@Truth-Seeker Exactly, i would argue that this is the top 1 key really. Plus having some knowledge of what you are eating aswell so you can associate undesirable or desirable efects.

I am eating lots of peanut butter these days (a slice of whole grain bread, peanut butter and banana slices on top) and i think that generates mucous in my respiratory tract. So i am not descarting that seeds can have an undesirable impact, but where else will i get the beneficial efects of seed? like the healthy fats?

On 13/2/2022 at 5:38 AM, undeather said:

Harmful (and even beneficial) effects of an individual, isolated compound or phytochemical are often quite different than when the same compound is within the complex food matrix. For this reason, huge amount of epidemiological and RCT evidence has not demonstrated any correlation between so called "antinutrients in food" and health hazards.

And considering this is very important aswell imo.

Now i am going to read y'all interesting responses so i can educate myself better.

Something that also happened recently: I bought flaxseed oil at the store and when i tasted it was awfull, so bitter, uneatable. In that case i obviously didn't continue the consumption and dump it out in the toilet.

It was probably at the mercy of sunlight/heat/air and so it denatured some molecules making it uneatable.

32 minutes ago, Human Mint said:

Something that also happened recently: I bought flaxseed oil at the store and when i tasted it was awfull, so bitter, uneatable. In that case i obviously didn't continue the consumption and dump it out in the toilet.

It was probably at the mercy of sunlight/heat/air and so it denatured some molecules making it uneatable.

Edible oils with high polyunsaturated fatty acid content are susceptible to oxidative deterioration. Oxidation destroys the essential fatty acids (EFA) and may result in the production of toxic compounds and oxidized polymers. Thats propably why it smelled/tasted bad. 

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"If your non-dual teaching has no place for duality than you really just have a dualistic teaching.”
- A.H Almaas

Since I've not eaten fish and meat for years, and haven't consumed any suppliments thus far, can it be that some

a) itching, and

b) somewhat red skin, and

c) red dots-egzema, small

on some parts of my body are the result of absense of those?

They'll appear and then somewhat disappear in cycles (1-2 weeks or so). It's not too much, neither is it too intense, but  exists.

Edited by rnd

Here's a controversial opinion: 

Do not consume any polyunsaturated fatty acids from plant oils

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior 👎