StarStruck

Question about levels of consciousness and leveling up

7 posts in this topic

From the book letting go:

”when we look at the truth of what is behind the feeling we have already moved up the scale from apathy to fear

I obviously get what Hawkins explained here but according to the scale there is the feeling grief between apathy and fear. 

Does that mean we can skip LOC levels? I read two of his books and it is a bummer that he doesn’t address such basic things. 

In Tate we trust

1 hour ago, JosephKnecht said:

You can also skip stairs... 

The more stairs you skip, the more likely you fall flat on your face. 

I don’t know if that metaphor fits. According to spiral dynamics one can’t skip phases. One can only pass through it very swiftly. I think the same counts for the LOC model but I’m not sure. 

In Tate we trust

Its not Linear like that. Its a spectrum or scale as mentioned. You can "skip" from any state to any state. Eckhart Tolle "skipped" From Apathy straight to Enlightenment from a single ultimate surrender. This also happened to move him into Stage Turquois. However this model is different from Spiral Dynamics Stages. You can not skip a stage and states are not linear like that. These Models of how Enlightenment works are only models.. A state of consciousness can be experienced at any stage. We know this through psychedelic use. Hawkins is referring to the states not the stages. There are certain characteristics with in a state that remain more persistent in a stage. Which is generally why there is confusion in understanding the relation between the models. As for leveling up, its not linear like that, so it doesn't exactly apply in that way. When you frame it like that, the ego will immediately begin getting in your way. However I understand in what manner your trying to refer to when you say "leveling up. "Level" here, Is used to refer to a position on the scale which consist of specific characteristics and quality, it is used to identify a persons state of consciousness, and refers to the quality of life that is present with in that state of consciousness. Your not leveling up or down. Your just experiencing different qualities of experience. For the context of this dialog, Its more accurate to say "point" because now when we say "point" of consciousness it removes the linearity idea, Now your able to understand what your actually trying to d, which is experience the characteristics of certain "points" of consciousness that correlates to the level you want to experience. You then make an assumption that you can level up to the "point" or experience you want, because you assume the experience you have is down. So the only reason you think you need to level up is to experience a better level than the one your at. But Because consciousness doesnt work like that your gonna be playing a tricky mental game with yourself. So focus on bettering the quality of your life through self actualization work and forget about leveling up, then check back in on the scale to gauge your progress. This will reduce the egoic payoff you imagine.

Focus on the solution, not the problem

This all goes full circle ... right after you realize that all "levels" are couched in One level .. that is singular, whole and complete.

1 hour ago, Terell Kirby said:

This all goes full circle ... right after you realize that all "levels" are couched in One level .. that is singular, whole and complete.

You always have great and concise responses,is your understanding of the concepts you refer to theoretical or experiential?

1 hour ago, Luca001 said:

You always have great and concise responses,is your understanding of the concepts you refer to theoretical or experiential?

Thank you. The answer is both, diving deep into the theoretical notions of Infinity, God, Love & Consciousness will open the door up for experiential understanding.

Beware though, it’s easy to get stuck in theory .. pursuing the experience itself is much more difficult and scary.