Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZX_man

Harsh Mental Battles

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys. First time posting here. I've been doing personal development work for about a year now. My thoughts are like a warzone a lot of the time. Sometimes it's so bad that it makes me want to puke. Any thoughts on this? Should I be worried?

16 hours ago, ZX_man said:

Hey guys. First time posting here. I've been doing personal development work for about a year now. My thoughts are like a warzone a lot of the time. Sometimes it's so bad that it makes me want to puke. Any thoughts on this? Should I be worried?

Well, worrying about thoughts will only compound upon the issue. So it is counter-productive. :P 

What you're describing is not uncommon. Mindfulness is a good practice to learn in order to ease the abrasive nature of thoughts and allow their roots to unravel. You're on the right path, and things will improve. Sometimes they get a bit worse before they get better. Even after years of personal development and much growth, I too sometimes become overwhelmed and fall back into what you describe. The difference being, that it doesn't last as long and that I can still maintain some perspective through it, even if it's only a glimmer. Maybe I will be overwhelmed for a few days, instead of a few weeks, or maybe I will be overwhelmed for an hour or two, instead of all day. 

Instead of trying to get rid of thoughts in their entirety, perhaps it would be advantageous to consolidate small, regular gains through practices you enjoy, and through living a healthy lifestyle. 

You're doing well, better than you think. Keep exploring, meditating, and engaging in healthy practices that resonate with you. 

A lot of mental problems happen because people live in unnatural environments these days. Basically not being able to get enough physical exercise and not being able to run or fight off  fight or flight stress responses triggered by daily passive aggressive behavior from their environment.  

I have always liked this video. @ZX_man

Edited by STC