Leo Gura

The Jews Were Some Clever Metaphysicians

51 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Martin123 said:

@blazed It is as of now, but saying it is necessarily part of every life... now that is a waste of our imagination.
What if there is a possibility of growth without pain and suffering? `
Ofc not tlaking about human life as we know it.

Death of a love one is possible one of the biggest sufferings a person can feel.

Death is natural, it is necessary, we are all going to die. The person who died will most likely feel less of a suffering than the people left with their memory.

OK we create heaven on earth, everyone is immortal, everyone loves each other, everyone is very wise at the same level of intellect, there is peace and harmony forever, in fact no one can die!

Then what?

How many years before you think well... this is shit and boring, 1000? 1 million?

@blazed 
1. Love is infinite, you can always grow in that respect.
2. Never talked about life on eart.
Don't limit your imagination.

@blazed The point is to be free of suffering. You have no idea how much suffering exists in this world and how "undesirable" it is once you start experiencing the Absolte.

If you were raised with an easy life, you may not understand why enlightenment is so important. No, having so much money that you don't know what to do with it, is not considered a hard life, it's considered a SPOILED life.

Edited by John Flores

3 minutes ago, Martin123 said:

@blazed 
1. Love is infinite, you can always grow in that respect.
2. Never talked about life on eart.
Don't limit your imagination.

@Martin123

Look at video games... generally it's a good indicator of what human kind really wants to do, especially those RPG games.

To me life isn't that different than a very complex VR simulation. Don't get me wrong, it's great helping people, and growing as a person, but what if there was no one to help? and no where to grow? growing implies deficiency or lack of.

You need hard times, to have good times,

You need lack of something to actually find your need for growth.

Man I'm repeating myself over and over, reality is perfect, deal with it. Play the game.

35 minutes ago, Martin123 said:

@blazed Does a flower lack before it grows?

Are you serious or trolling?

Yes it grows towards the sunlight as it needs it for survival.

Copy and paste here:

"In evolutionary terms this is probably down to the fact that, as a rule, animals can move when they don’t like their environment so don’t need to continuously grow. Plants can’t. If they run out of water or nutrients, their root may need to grow a bit more to find some. If they’re not getting enough sun, then they need to grow a bit taller. If something is eating them then their cell walls need to be a bit tougher etc’. This is why we call plant growth ‘plastic’. Because it is not fixed and they develop throughout their whole life."

@John Flores better not make generalizations, not all jews are the same. 

Myself haven't seen this anywhere, it was explained to me by my brother in law, who goes to Kabalah lessons for several years. I probably didn't explain it right and probably don't understand this enough. There's a Kabalah book on my read list, will keep you posted after I finish it. :) 

@Debil I've been studying Jews my whole life.

A) The vast majority have turned Kabbala into an insincere club and they often simply paraphrase their teacher without understanding the nature of self (at least if they are hasidic, excluding Habad).

B) The non hasidim often include those from all the European descent. They have often pushed kabbala to the side as Prabhaker was referencing (which is fine, if you didn't start attacking those with esoteric knowledge, calling them delusional or psychotic when they reveal any information 😡 )...these people are often the pseudo maimonedians. 

C) The modern orthodox are usually a general branch in Judaism to describe all  the modernized European-like descent (obviously I am simplifying everything in relation to Kabbala - you can Wikipedia all these things to get the other facets). They are usually somewhat open minded to it, but don't incorporate it themself.

D) Then there are an eclectic array of what people might call Latino Jews which people call Sephardim and they range from tens and tens of Spanish and Arabic countries....often they take mysticism to the next level.

E) There are those Arabic and Maimonedian approaches which have a complete rationalist take based on the style and approach of Maimonedes. They are often methodical, disciplined, and organized with their understanding and practice of Kabbala 

In general, Jews have forgotten their roots, that we are not of this world - they believe they are men/women (simply) "waiting" for the Messiah like some magical creature that will come out of the sky. This is why it's frustrating trying to talk esotericism to them. The Messiah is YOU - you are the Messiah. Now BE it....but they call me crazy and would lock you away, saying "this guy is delusional, let's deal cunningly with him, so we don't have to deal with him anymore - it's a responsibility of us Jews"...and they say as an excuse "well ever since Shabttai Tzvi we have to be careful with all this Kabbala business"

Edited by John Flores
The word in E is supposed to read "maimonides"

@John Flores Indeed, like other religions, Judaism got far from were it started. Even in the Torah, for instance, God is described as capable of being angry -- that's not even reasonable since God created everything. It's like writing a program and then yelling on the program and punishing it when a bug is found.