Husseinisdoingfine

''I am truth'', the last words of an Islamic mystic before his execution.

8 posts in this topic

I wanted to share this Wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anal_Haq

Hussain bin Mansoor [sic] Al-Hallaj was condemned to hang by the neck for shouting in ecstasy Anā al-Ḥaqq, Anā al-Ḥaqq (I am the Truth, I am the Truth). The orthodox understood this to mean that he was claiming to be God himself, whereas he had proclaimed in his sublime spiritual ecstasy, simply a total annihilation of himself. Mansoor Al-Hallaj climbed the gallows with his head held high, not the least daunted by his imminent death. Nor could his shouts be drowned in the tumult of abuses which were hurled at him; they rose loud and clear and high Anā al-Ḥaqq, Anā al-Ḥaqq until his soul departed to the fountainhead of his life on high.

I would also like to share this short article: http://feelingbuddhaful.com/anal-al-haq/

Ana-al haq is state of dropping your ego and any impurity that comes between you and divinity. Mansur al-Hallaj also recited,

“I saw my Lord (Allah) with the eye of the heart.”

I asked, ‘'Who are You?’'
He replied, ‘'You.’'

arton1288.jpg

Hallaj.jpg

In Arabic; أنا/ana means Iال/al means am, and haqiqa/حقيقة means truth. I have heard from other written sources on this topic that this particular mystic did not say; ''I am the truth'', but rather simple, I am the truth, without the word, the.

Edited by Husseinisdoingfine
reason for edit: typo

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

the reason india has lot of meditation and yogic path or is the most developed spiritual country is because in india ,sages are very well respected and a king will give a lot of support for sages, while in other countries they are executed

The second image used to be the wallpaper on my phone for a while ❤️??

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

This would make a good blog post for Leo.

23 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Anal al haq is state of dropping your ego and any impurity that comes between you and divinity.

It's called "Anal al haq" cause awakening feels like the ego dropping out of your anus

2 minutes ago, SonataAllegro said:

It's called "Anal al haq" cause awakening feels like the ego dropping out of your anus

Be mature.

1 hour ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

This would make a good blog post for Leo.

Leo has already mentioned Mansur Al-Hallaj before, but a blog post isn’t a bad idea

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

@Husseinisdoingfine Halaj was not executed for his mystical positions, he was executed  for his political ones. He was seen as a threat to the state.Sufism was so popular at some point in Islam, that these things were considered somewhat normal amongst Sufis. This reminds me of another spiritual teacher called Shahab al-Din al suhrawrdi or sheik al eshraq ( the teacher of illumination) who developed the theory of illumination ( God lights shine through everything). He was killed by Saladin after his son became a follower of Him. Jesus was killed mainly because he was seen as a threat too, He called himself the King of Jews. It is politics that killed many mystics, not spirituality ( although it played a big role in justifying killing them)

Edited by LSD-Rumi