Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Javfly33

Obssessed with not losing money

12 posts in this topic

How do you deal with this irrational Fear?

When i used to live "by the day" i didnt Care much except making at the end of each month.

But last year I received some money from an herency, and now im always reluctant to spend money. Its almost like It hurts physically LoL.

For example I recently got a remote job and this last month ive been living with my mom, the whole month I spent like 5% of What i usually spent on my own. Oh my God the feeling of seeing those savings not going down, But Up.

I decided to go back to a Big city to work on my Life purpose and self actualization, But this costs me a HELL lot of money. This year actually since I have to Pay a debt, if i live by my own i Will be losing money each month, about 400 each month.

But since Im a Young guy i think its a good investment, to proritize being a Big city with high intensity/social Life/opportunities in contrast to saving money BUT being in a place way more limited

Do you think Im making the right choice?

Edited by Javfly33

Do you have a 1 Year Buffer? Maybe that will ease the pain. Or maybe 2, 3 Year Buffer or whatever.

A good strategy can be to live for a few months real frugal by your mom, at best you first get a lucrative job where you want to live and THEN move to the city.

Real big cities are in general just more costly compared with smaller cities. It's debateable if it's worth it. I think smaller cities are more worthwhile, but I might be biased as I grew up in one and I work remote and benefit from the relatively low costs.

Is it very expensive (like New York) where you want to go?

Edited by supremeyingyang

43 minutes ago, supremeyingyang said:

Do you have a 1 Year Buffer? Maybe that will ease the pain. Or maybe 2, 3 Year Buffer or whatever.

A good strategy can be to live for a few months real frugal by your mom, at best you first get a lucrative job where you want to live and THEN move to the city.

Real big cities are in general just more costly compared with smaller cities. It's debateable if it's worth it. I think smaller cities are more worthwhile, but I might be biased as I grew up in one and I work remote and benefit from the relatively low costs.

Is it very expensive (like New York) where you want to go?

If with 1 year buffer you mean being able to be in déficit for a whole year yes i can, But i think It would be a waste of money. Ill probably come back 2 months each year at least with my mom to avoid such a Big hola in my account

Well with my mom the expenses are maybe 100€ monthly + 400 the debt i have to Pay 

Where i live is 400debt + 350€ food + 450€ housing + 40transport Lol 

And i make 1060€ currently 

@Javfly33

I see. Yes, it would be a waste of money. ~1000€ is not that much, what kind of education and skills do you have? I might be better to work less, learn in the save time and get a 2000€ job in a few months. Is that possible? In which field do you work in?

@Javfly33 Sounds reasonable.

Hell try it out for a year and then you can always move somewhere cheaper

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

1 hour ago, supremeyingyang said:

@Javfly33

I see. Yes, it would be a waste of money. ~1000€ is not that much, what kind of education and skills do you have? I might be better to work less, learn in the save time and get a 2000€ job in a few months. Is that possible? In which field do you work in?

Hahhaa Bro I actually Land a job in a good paying industry (software development) But this is Spain, the third world ??, where +1100/month is a good salary among millenials and the rent of a flat is +600-700 in Madrid or Barcelona ??

I Dont complain by the way, my job now is literally Heaven compared to the Absolute shit i was before.

I Will get better payed, i am just a junior dev and its my first tech job

@Javfly33

lol, that sucks.

I would recommend to bite the bullet and save another half  year or so and move to the city after you get more money. Isn't the city so interesting under covid anyway?

5 hours ago, supremeyingyang said:

@Javfly33

lol, that sucks.

I would recommend to bite the bullet and save another half  year or so and move to the city after you get more money. Isn't the city so interesting under covid anyway?

Thats true. Once covid passes the city Will be much more interesting. 

Your advice is good. Ill probably do 2-3 months here and if i see Im not doing much ill probably go back to my town and save for 2-3 months

@Javfly33

sounds good;

in which field do you work as a programmer? I work as a developer for a consultancy, so I'm interested in that stuff.

if your english is good you could apply virtually anywhere and thus earn more

Edited by supremeyingyang

28 minutes ago, supremeyingyang said:

@Javfly33

sounds good;

in which field do you work as a programmer? I work as a developer for a consultancy, so I'm interested in that stuff.

if your english is good you could apply virtually anywhere and thus earn more

6 hours ago, supremeyingyang said:

Currently my contract is "Junior Java Developer" But i do a very strange thing not related with Java ? Basically editing .Json files with some hand-made properties and objects created by the company specifically for this project. There is a backend app built in Java to extract data from an outdated flash app with thousands of Pages, so depending What you put in the .json file the front end Will build a "copy" of the original in flash (each .json file corresponds to a single flash web Page) but as a proper html+CSS front end deployment (powered by angular).

Pretty fucking freaky But they say its saves more time than actually doing +3000 Pages manually from Scratch 

-- Regarding the English, yeah i Dont close my Carrer perspective on that, But right now I have some prioritites outside work so i Dont mind now getting paid little in exchange of a low stress and confortable job

What is your goal?

To live in a city with more social life and opportunities. That sounds nice sure... but what is it that you want to achieve.

Are you clear on this?

Yeah no that's not a normal thing to live at a deficit like this. You should move back in with your mom until you paid off your debt or gotten a higher income.