Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fearless_Bum

The Paradox of Awareness

8 posts in this topic

Since everything is awareness, then being conscious or aware is actually impossible.

It's all unconscious or unknown, it just can't be put into a box no matter what. 

Nothing in this moment is known or can ever be known. 

Notice the movements of everything, notice how instant it all is, far out of reach of the knower.

2 hours ago, Fearless_Bum said:

Since everything is awareness, then being conscious or aware is actually impossible.

Wrong. You can be fully conscious of everything. It will be unknowable though, that is correct. Consciousness/Being is prior to symbolic knowing.

Omniscience is possible. You have yet to reach that.

It is not a paradox that symbols and concepts cannot capture reality. That is exactly what you should expect since a subset is always less than its mother set. It would be a paradox if symbols and concepts could capture reality. That would be fucked up.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I would say that the universe is full of intelligibility because of the Mind behind it, the Wisdom of the Logos.

It is by the Logos that everything was made, without it there would be nothing ordered at all.

How come everything just does not fall apart? Why do the universe operate according to laws? And if these laws of physics would be altered just a slight it would all collapse.

Thats because it is an infinite intellect behind the structure and law of the cosmos.

The Son is the Logos of the the Father which is the Infinite Mind.

The Logos is the creator of the structure of the universe.

There are patterns in nature.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

@Leo Gura the paradox I was pointing to is how one cannot be aware of anything because that one is made of awareness as well. 

I don't trust omniscience, or at least the wording as it is nowadays, more of a semantic preference. As people can be mislead by that word to think they will literally know everything, as in hold everything as knowledge. 

The word knowing has a lot of baggage on it, I assume the word know back then really meant to hold in direct experience, nowadays it's commonly accepted as knowledge if that makes sense. I prefer not to use those words as they are easy to misunderstand. 

Also, there is consciousness, there is awareness, but as it is everything, then no one can actually be conscious or aware. "Being conscious" is a good pointer for someone starting off, but eventually the separate self will latch on and create the "observer trap". 

@Adamq8 reality is made of infinite intelligence, but it is important to not limit this intelligence to the thinking mind.

Just now, Fearless_Bum said:

@Leo Gura the paradox I was pointing to is how one cannot be aware of anything because that one is made of awareness as well. 

You can be aware of everything precisely because everything is made of awareness.

I don't know why you need to create a problem where none exists.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

infinite regression is a thing.

that means you can become aware of being aware of being ware into the infinite

and there its all unknown but for you there are level to go on awareness

Edited by Windappreciator

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You can be aware of everything precisely because everything is made of awareness.

@Leo Gura I disagree. 

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't know why you need to create a problem where none exists.

Oh no it's not a problem at all, this isn't an extra obstacle I'm trying to solve, only my direct experience, which is the only thing I am trusting ?.

Only what “one” is “aware of” exists. If you are not aware of it, it isn’t extant whatsoever. As you become more aware of things, you are actually creating the possibility of a higher number of noticeable things being there. Thinking a facet of awakening existed or was always under your nose before you realized it is actually an illusion. Thinking it exists when it’s not present is just as much of an illusion. 

You are always 100% aware. That 100% can appear to shrink or grow to contain less or more, but even the shrinking/growing is mainly a relative truth than an absolute one. 

The thought of becoming more or less aware is an illusory line of thinking but an incredibly useful one. 

All of this is paradoxical and parts of it defeat the logic of it. It is merely meant to be a pointer. Have fun with trying it out. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY