Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alex_R

Reality is an Infinite Consciousness Exploring Itself Forever.

6 posts in this topic

https://www.originsofconsciousness.com/origins-of-consciousness/is-there-an-infinite-mind-hoffman

Reality is an Infinite Consciousness Exploring Itself Forever. Neuroscientist Donald Hoffman on “Conscious Realism”

reality-is-an-infinite-consciousness-exp

For all of science’s impressive advancements, one problem has stubbornly eluded us: Why do we have consciousness? How does inert unconscious matter give rise to the light of conscious experience? Neuroscientist Donald Hoffman has been pondering this question throughout his career. His thinking has gradually led him to a surprising possibility — that consciousness itself is fundamental to reality. Donald’s theory, however, differs from that of the growing number of other scientists and philosophers now arriving at this conclusion.

“We’ve been stuck on the same problem for centuries. It’s time to take a different approach.”

The fundamental nature of reality, Donald theorizes, is comprised of an infinite network of interacting conscious agents. Uniquely, Donald offers a precise mathematical definition of a conscious agent. He believes the theory may be used to reconstruct the universe and existing scientific discoveries purely through the interaction of these units of consciousness.

As Donald has gradually become “a student of the math,” his theory has led him to consider fantastic possibilities, including the existence of infinitely great minds which exist beyond our realm of perception. Among other possibilities, Donald believes “conscious realism” leaves the door open to life after death.

This is real, its amazing!

This man has been battling against the materialist paradigm in science, with the merit of doing it from within science, for so many years. I´ve read some essays more than one decade ago, and he´s as radical as I´ve seen a scientist be on this subject, and has received foreseeable backlash.
It looks like he´s winning, because it certainly looks like considering Consciousness as primordial and the Universe "only" a byproduct of It has stopped being anathema in some scientific stages.

This is my forest, my joy, my love and my shelter, the music I compose: loismusic.com

He's on the right track, but still not realizing God.

There are no conscious agents. There is no interaction between units of consciousness. There is only you, God, dreaming them up.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

He's doing great work, but the truth is simpler and more mind-blowing. It's still only a pointer and a story, but...

You are infinity, or absolutely nothing, longing for its own absence -- i.e. something. So you imagine something (else). But where you now seem to be, in that apparent duality, is still just nothing, but there is the apparent claim that there is someone where that nothing is. And out of that apparent someone is the longing for its own absence as well, which is futile because it's already the case -- that someone is nowhere to be found, already.

Edited by The0Self

4 hours ago, The0Self said:

You are infinity, or absolutely nothing, longing for its own absence -- i.e. something. So you imagine something (else). But where you now seem to be, in that apparent duality, is still just nothing, but there is the apparent claim that there is someone where that nothing is. And out of that apparent someone is the longing for its own absence as well, which is futile because it's already the case -- that someone is nowhere to be found, already.

good explanation of something unexplainable. there is nothing, but it looks like something. then it is something. but it really is nothing. completely empty, unlimited. although there is a pressure, a need, to look like something, because the infinite void looses itself in it's infinity. But right now, there is nothing

8 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

good explanation of something unexplainable. there is nothing, but it looks like something. then it is something. but it really is nothing. completely empty, unlimited. although there is a pressure, a need, to look like something, because the infinite void looses itself in it's infinity. But right now, there is nothing

Amazing you two. Beautifully explained ????? 

Absence looking for absence, through fabricated presence. Which is made out of its own essence. 

Edit: But could it be said that Absence then is where it is, and really doesn’t need to seek?  
Right now, this moment is already it? 
Just as long as It sees through its own “fabrications” ?    

This must be the product of how Consciousness came to be.   
Quoting what Adya once said: 

“Presence expressing, is making a Self, through that process arises Existence. And through this process, Consciousness arises as the Sense of Existence.”

Edited by Vincent S

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”