Tristan12

Is it a mistake to avoid dating and relationships?

24 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Tristan12 said:

@Preety_India Yeah I see what you mean, and I get how this is a subjective matter and its up to me how I feel about it. The reason I wanted to ask others is because i've never been in a relationship before so I only really know how I feel about it from the outside looking in, so I wanted to get some insight from other people on the value relationships provide to their lives even while deeply pursuing spirituality or other things to see how they feel about it. It's just something to think about.

Plus I am young so I want to hear other people's perspectives who are older and have gone through more of life, because I know your opinions on these kinds of matters can change a lot as you get older. I just want to hear from people who have potentially been in my position and hear how things worked out for them.

Well I have been through a few relationships. Yes they add value, lot of value both good and bad. Good value because they make you feel motivated to do better, you learn something from the other person, bad because toxic relationships cause a lot of hurt and pain, but even then they add value because these mistakes teach you what to avoid for rest of your life. It's like betting on something. You win the bet, you hit the jackpot and you feel good, although this jackpot is not the biggest deal in life. You lose the bet, then you learn what not to put your bets on. 

Relationship is like a game, a very complicated game. If you win, you get to keep the treasure. If you lose, you learn important lessons. Either way you gain something, you lose something, just like in any game. 

Is what you gain worth the trouble? 

That will depend on how much this gain eventually matters to you. 

End.

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Tristan12 I think it is possible to know whether you do not want something without trying it. I do not have as much life experience as some older people here, but not dating is ok. If you have no desire... I mean, it is really not something super rational to do if you dont have the needs, maybe you can see that yourself.

On 1/16/2022 at 1:21 AM, Tristan12 said:

Over the past few years I have become so passionate about spirituality, psychology and personal development,

In the hindsight of being in a relationship, spirituality, psychology and personal development were just concepts ruminated on in aversion. Like protecting a conceptual bubble from getting burst. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE