Farnaby

Are Masculine/Feminine polarities just stereotypes?

28 posts in this topic

They're not even stereotypes, just temporary memes and a product of human intellect and culture.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

On 1/27/2022 at 9:01 AM, bejapuskas said:

Watch your own bias, making something easier does not mean it is true. That is an epistemic mistake. If a trans man/woman does not express their authentic self, of course it will make their dating life easier. Dating as cis is easier than dating while trans. But they are living in a lie. (unless they are not expressing it out of fear of being killed or hurt, which is understandable.)

@bejapuskas : making something easier does not mean it is true.

so try to make things harder for yourself by sleeping outside in snowy days, that's right epistemically! 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

On 27/01/2022 at 6:18 AM, Loba said:

Things don't exist on a one-two spectrum, they exist like a neuron or fractal, try to view gender/sexuality this way as well.

slime-mold-pulsing.gif

Love this, and nice gif.

On 27/01/2022 at 8:20 AM, bejapuskas said:

Do you think masculine/feminine are necessarily the starting/ending points for all genders, or are they just as basic as others?

Masculine/feminine is the most widely accepted, predominating axis of development. However, to reduce everything to that axis would be closed minded and offensive to people with genders that straight up just don't exist on that axis (umbrella terms you may have heard for members of these demographics include genderqueer, gender variant, gender non-conforming, and third gender). Masculine/feminine is therefore neither the starting nor ending point for all genders, but it probably is for most genders. I don't know what 'basic' is supposed to mean in this context.

Hope everyone's enjoying their weekends ^_^

@hamedsf  Nah man, you just generalized your limited experience to all of people who look like you and now you are justifying it further by not thinking about your epistemic bias.

@bejapuskas don't ever mention me again. I don't wanna see your comment on my perspective, anymore! 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"