WokeBloke

Perceiver is Imperceptible

5 posts in this topic

My view:

1. Perceptions are not the perceiver.

2. Perceptions are known/perceived by the perceiver.

3. All experience is perception. There is no experience that is not some form of perception (vision, touch, sound, taste, smell, thought, etc.).

4. It is impossible to perceive a non-perception (perceiver).

5. Therefore there is no-one (including the perceiver) that can perceive the perceiver of reality.

It is like the eyeball trying to see itself (without a mirror). 

Edited by WokeBloke

You have to detach from these word games. It’s holding you back in this work.

Ground yourself in your direct experience ..because that is all that exist.

When something like the above is said, the typical newbie asks a very predictable question: “but what about the direct experience of others?”.

And the answer to that is whatever you call the “direct experience of others” IS your direct experience. Unless you do a deep investigation of what I just said and really grasps it, you will never arrive.

Edited by Terell Kirby

8 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

You have to detach from these word games. It’s holding you back in this work.

Ground yourself in your direct experience ..because that is all that exist.

When something like the above is said, the typical newbie asks a very predictable question: “but what about the direct experience of others?”.

And the answer to that is whatever you call the “direct experience of others” IS your direct experience. Unless you do a deep investigation of what I just said and really grasps it, you will never arrive.

and ON TOP OF THAT, what Leo talks about LOVE is what all that is.  Love.

@Terell Kirby This is basically correct, albeit incomplete. 

1 hour ago, WokeBloke said:

1. Perceptions are not the perceiver.

What is perceived is not the perceiver, as you call it, but it is not other than the perceiver either.  In the same way, a wave is water, but water is not a wave.

1 hour ago, WokeBloke said:

2. Perceptions are known/perceived by the perceiver.

3. All experience is perception. There is no experience that is not some form of perception (vision, touch, sound, taste, smell, thought, etc.).

4. It is impossible to perceive a non-perception (perceiver).

5. Therefore there is no-one (including the perceiver) that can perceive the perceiver of reality.

It is like the eyeball trying to see itself (without a mirror). 

The perceiver cannot be perceived, which would cause an infinite regress, but it can be known.  However, that knowledge is also not the knower of it.  

Ultimately, the knower/knowing/known are artificial distinctions, because there is only one thing (I use that word loosely here).  It's like referring to the front and back of a object as if they are two different things, when they are actually just two perspectives of the same thing.  If they were actually two different things, I could take the front and you could take the back.

I think you are asking the right questions, but I encourage you to contemplate them deeply, with a calm and focused mind.  Try to actually realize the truth directly.  Be open to whatever is already true, and don't allow previously accepted concepts to color your vision.  Keep up the good work though.  

It's actually not, because a "mirror" exists as form. You have to use form as a mirror to find that what is perceiving the forms is literally nothingness. You perceive nothing by BEING it. It's the only way nothingness can be experienced, by using the presence of somethingness.