Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jacob Morres

Success is a byproduct of habits & environment

7 posts in this topic

I think these are the two biggest buckets that differentiate between success and the lack of it

I think there's not much that seperates people inherently from success/the lack of it. there's a lot of tangible things in our control that drastically increases our chances of success

So to elaborate by habits I mean: 

Your health habits, your mindset habits, and your action habits 

Health habits = nutrition/exercise/sleep/relationship/meditation/nature

Mindset habits = inner belief system, things you think and visualize

Actions = field related actions that make you successful (so a basketball player will have a good shooting form habit, mixing up moves habit etc. good fundamentals) 

Then by your environment I think:

people you hang around = the people you hang around, their habits, thoughts, mindset, actions will rub off onto you 

information = so the books/courses/podcasts consumed will also rub off into you as well 

yeah i think that's a great overview of success in a nutshell. just my pov 

Edited by Jacob Morres

There is nothing called success. It's a man made illusion. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

It is mostly not about the environment and mor about what you do rather than not do. 

The things you mentioned don't have much weight besides visualizing and Affirmations. 

What really makes you successful is something you can't learn by just gathering ideas and concepts. 

The main thing is being detached and exclusivly focused on what you want without any distraction and thinking fast slow, as well as decision making without influence of emotiions below contentment and don't take decisions if you are not sure. Moreover one has to go all in and risk everything if it is necessary. 

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

@IAmReallyImportant

regarding your environment i gotta agree and disagree. i think that visualizations + affirmations are incredibly critical but you when combine that with a good environment, that can really be a massive catalyst + key. 

also i have to refine this document, it's a bit sloppy

Edited by Jacob Morres

8 hours ago, Jacob Morres said:

I think these are the two biggest buckets that differentiate between success and the lack of it

I think there's not much that seperates people inherently from success/the lack of it. there's a lot of tangible things in our control that drastically increases our chances of success

So to elaborate by habits I mean: 

Your health habits, your mindset habits, and your action habits 

Health habits = nutrition/exercise/sleep/relationship/meditation/nature

Mindset habits = inner belief system, things you think and visualize

Actions = field related actions that make you successful (so a basketball player will have a good shooting form habit, mixing up moves habit etc. good fundamentals) 

Then by your environment I think:

people you hang around = the people you hang around, their habits, thoughts, mindset, actions will rub off onto you 

information = so the books/courses/podcasts consumed will also rub off into you as well 

yeah i think that's a great overview of success in a nutshell. just my pov 

What about your soul and your emotions?

Like what someone used to say here: You can have a mindset of winning but deep down if you don't want to be a programmer who cheat people's money or who exploited other people (Eg earning money through selling cigarettes, earn money through selling game points), then you are not going to do very well because your soul's craving is not in alignment with your mindset.

@hyruga I think I'd keep that under mindset habits. Visualization + affirmations when done well include desire and alignment 

@Preety_India to integrate that insight you'd need to do this work. success principles + integrating insight are correlated  

Edited by Jacob Morres