peanutspathtotruth

Finally started my Life Purpose - feels amazing!

30 posts in this topic

Congratulations! Your website is absolutely beautiful! I love all the interactive elements. Feels very organic and not too cluttered at all. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@peanutspathtotruth Exciting! Seems like you found your thing. Congrats on making it happen.

You actually have a great voice for guided meditations.

As feedback I'd say it's always nice to connect to an actual person, so maybe a picture of you, an "about me" page or something like that.

You have a new subscriber^_^

4 hours ago, Vincent S said:

@peanutspathtotruth Im so happy for you! Congratulations! Enjoy <3

Thank you so much!

3 hours ago, flowboy said:

I quite like the website @peanutspathtotruth .

It has beautiful graphics and is still minimalistic.

Here's what I would change:

• The yellow on purple text. It's hard to read and reminds me of 90s websites. Looks unprofessional to me. I would change it to dark purple on white or something like that.
  • The text boxes on the contact form need to be white, not purple.
  • The logo at the top is too pixelated, it needs anti-aliasing.

Congratulations on finding your purpose and taking action on it!

I wish you lots of luck ?

This is really helpful, I will look into all of this. I had similar feelings about the points you're making.
With the logo, I don't really see the pixelation you're speaking of. It's quite subtle, no? Or maybe I'll need to check on another device. Will look into anti-aliasing. Thank you :) 

3 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@peanutspathtotruth What is yoga nidra, is it just laying down? Or is the binaural beat an important part of it?

It's neither "just laying down", nor would I personally say the sound in the background (whatever it may be) is essential to it. 
Look up what Yoga Nidra is, or even better - just do a full session. It's one of the deepest practices I've done, been doing it for 6 years or so. You just have to do it. Lay down in shivasana, don't move one bit, relax and just follow the voice. Especially the one I sent you -> heavenly :x

3 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Congratulations! Your website is absolutely beautiful! I love all the interactive elements. Feels very organic and not too cluttered at all. 

Thank you Michael, this means a lot ?

2 hours ago, flume said:

@peanutspathtotruth Exciting! Seems like you found your thing. Congrats on making it happen.

You actually have a great voice for guided meditations.

As feedback I'd say it's always nice to connect to an actual person, so maybe a picture of you, an "about me" page or something like that.

You have a new subscriber^_^

Thank you so much! It's so crazy how much judgment there is of one's own voice. Not a long time ago, I cringed when I listened, now I can happily listen for a long time and can be more objective, although that is very hard. It's nice to get positive feedback that it's appropriate for what I do. I still gotta learn the delivery dexterity of course.

And you're right, I'll implement an image and an open and personal about me page. Thank you for the support and constructive feedback <3

Hey there, 

I looked into it closer and have a contribution. 

I agree with what others said regarding the about you page and the yellow letters on purple text. 

I really like your hero/banner part and what you wrote on it. It's straight to the point and focused on the reader. 

In the part of Know Yourself I think you could reduce the text or make it more digestible because on the landing page people want to have a quick glance at what you have to offer and who you are. You can tho, open a separate page with that type of content, that people would have to click on if they intentionally wanted to know more.

I also believe you can make it more clear what you can help people with. You listed self-knowledge and meditation practice, but I feel you could be more explicit, by putting it clear and simple — I can help you with this this and this.

I'm guessing your website is optimized for mobile. It looks really good on mobile, but on desktop, it can get a little confusing since I don't see how Know Yourself and Ways to Meditate tie in together so they are side by side. I don't know how difficult it would be to change, but a simple way would be not to change the alignment and add some headline that ties both together like "I can help with these things" (in other words). 

Anyway, the important thing is that you started! Now, you just need to keep going. Good luck!

6 minutes ago, Barbara said:

Hey there, 

I looked into it closer and have a contribution. 

I agree with what others said regarding the about you page and the yellow letters on purple text. 

I really like your hero/banner part and what you wrote on it. It's straight to the point and focused on the reader. 

In the part of Know Yourself I think you could reduce the text or make it more digestible because on the landing page people want to have a quick glance at what you have to offer and who you are. You can tho, open a separate page with that type of content, that people would have to click on if they intentionally wanted to know more.

I also believe you can make it more clear what you can help people with. You listed self-knowledge and meditation practice, but I feel you could be more explicit, by putting it clear and simple — I can help you with this this and this.

I'm guessing your website is optimized for mobile. It looks really good on mobile, but on desktop, it can get a little confusing since I don't see how Know Yourself and Ways to Meditate tie in together so they are side by side. I don't know how difficult it would be to change, but a simple way would be not to change the alignment and add some headline that ties both together like "I can help with these things" (in other words). 

Anyway, the important thing is that you started! Now, you just need to keep going. Good luck!

Amazing, thank you for this detailed feedback! I see your points and agree. I'll implement them. Thank you! :) 

On 5.1.2022 at 4:02 PM, flowboy said:
  • The yellow on purple text. It's hard to read and reminds me of 90s websites. Looks unprofessional to me. I would change it to dark purple on white or something like that.

@peanutspathtotruth

so i‘m not sure if its the colour, in that setting, i could bet its the font giving that feeling. generally i‘m surprised how well both fonts work together (logo). i must confess i don’t like them both. but in a weird way they fit together, so i‘m not sure if i would change it - except for the logo maybe, because you want that to be standing alone in some cases and its very eighties/nineties the other one is even nice for the headings but less for the body text, it’s a bit to difficult to read and the letters seem to jump. there are people who study that stuff to earn money with perfecting that, i would also probably let someone professional look into it even so i‘m from the same background,  so like for a really good photograph, it makes a huge difference if you pay a bit for a nice font and typeface. i suppose you didn’t (as i said its astonishingly ok). so you can leave it like that - but it’s not perfect. i‘m happy its not comic sans and i like that you didn't take mainstream fonts, it has a warm and personal touch.

it might seem harsh but its harsher for those who do that job professionally for a living (you might not count it into science but it is).

edit: it might also seem less harsh if you consider that some people get a professional photographer for a tinder pic.O.o

Edited by mememe
just discovered a third font mhh

Keep refining and building! Good work.

The website looked really good! 

The whole thing feels impersonal, which I kind of liked actually.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Congrats man, those words touched my heart, love you too.

The web looks fantastic by the way.

On 07/01/2022 at 8:52 PM, mememe said:

@peanutspathtotruth

so i‘m not sure if its the colour, in that setting, i could bet its the font giving that feeling. generally i‘m surprised how well both fonts work together (logo). i must confess i don’t like them both. but in a weird way they fit together, so i‘m not sure if i would change it - except for the logo maybe, because you want that to be standing alone in some cases and its very eighties/nineties the other one is even nice for the headings but less for the body text, it’s a bit to difficult to read and the letters seem to jump. there are people who study that stuff to earn money with perfecting that, i would also probably let someone professional look into it even so i‘m from the same background,  so like for a really good photograph, it makes a huge difference if you pay a bit for a nice font and typeface. i suppose you didn’t (as i said its astonishingly ok). so you can leave it like that - but it’s not perfect. i‘m happy its not comic sans and i like that you didn't take mainstream fonts, it has a warm and personal touch.

it might seem harsh but its harsher for those who do that job professionally for a living (you might not count it into science but it is).

edit: it might also seem less harsh if you consider that some people get a professional photographer for a tinder pic.O.o

Not coming off as harsh at all, thank you for the feedback. I agree with what you're saying. I like the fonts (Antic and Antic Didone), but you're right that they don't seem optimal for the text.

On 07/01/2022 at 10:36 PM, Thought Art said:

Keep refining and building! Good work.

The website looked really good! 

The whole thing feels impersonal, which I kind of liked actually.

Thank you! Interesting that you say that, in the phase of creating the website, it definitely came from quite an impersonal place - and I liked that, too. 

On 08/01/2022 at 0:01 AM, Javfly33 said:

Congrats man, those words touched my heart, love you too.

The web looks fantastic by the way.

Thanks!!