mmKay

Healthy habits for taking care of your eyesight.

6 posts in this topic

Recently as I've been intensely reading for 6+ hours a day on my laptop I started feeling literally as my eyes were wearing out. It's weird because i have a background of playing video games for like 12+ hours a day and I never had issues with screens. 

Stuff that we may consider :

• Blue light filtering glasses? Or maybe even better a blue filtering screeen protector for your phone / laptop screen ( i have no science for this) 
  • Investing in a e-book reader. I've heard it may be less strainful for your eyes. Maybe it's just marketint hype, who knows. 
  • Investing in the physical books instead of digital ones ( sadface) 
  • Setting up a timer to get up and focus your eyes on  distant place for at least a minute  ( every 20 min?) 
  • Having a proper dim lighting where you're reading, so you're not blazed by just a screen in your dark cave. 
  • Vitamin A? 
  • Eye exercises - move them around, give them a gentle massage ( with closed eyelids obviously) 
  • Take a longer break if necessary. A while day for example. 

These aren't backed up with proper research. It's just off the top of my head. 

Feel free to throw some of your wisdom here. 

No - i don't wear glasses or contact lenses.

--- BONUS --- 

Would you rather be legally blind  or deaf? 

I'd go for blind probably. I love closing my eyes and tuning deeper into the sensations and sounds. I feel that would be an extrovert's nightmare. But introverts FTW!. 

Maybe i'd turn into the next Ray Charles but instead of heroin I'd do some healthy DMT. 

Edited by mmKay

World's #1 Spiritual Twerking Coach 🍑

These are additional practices that can be very beneficial to the health of your visual system:

• Get outside and GET SUNLIGHT, EARLY IN THE DAY (about 2000 LUX) for about 10 minutes . (you can measure the ammount of light with an app called light-meter).
◇ Melanopsin ganglion cells (mRGCs) send information of the presence of light, and this set your circadian clock. (Melanopsin Retinal Ganglion Cells)
• Spending al least 2 hours total exposed to NATURAL BLUE LIGHT every day (ideally early in the day and at the end of the day). It keeps visual system healthy, and also has possitive effects on mood and hormonal balance regulation.

23 hours ago, mmKay said:

thank you! that's exactly what I was looking for.

god is good ❤

Drinking Euphrasia seems to help some people. My girlfriend had a persistent stye in the past and drinking Eyebright and applying it on her eyes for 20 minutes a day as well, healed it in like 3 days completely, I couldn't believe how effective that was. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus