Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Danioover9000

Heart pains.

10 posts in this topic

I've recently developed some heart palpitations. It has effected my fitness levels, activities, work and study capacity, my sex life, my stress levels, how I am with other relationships, a few hobbies of mine I can't perform as well before like for example dance and foot ball, and some meditation techniques I can't do without hurting my heart more. I will soon see a doctor for this. Meanwhile, if there's advice on heart issues, please share them to me so I can follow up. Thanks. 

Is it all the time, only when you do something physically strenuous, or at random? Is there a specific event that you think caused it?

I'd recommend spending $30 to get a blood pressure monitor on Amazon or borrow one from a friend if they have one (or go use a free one at a pharmacy), then track your blood pressure and pulse a couple of times per day and write it down. It will be helpful for your doctor to review actual numbers and better understand what's going on.

I've had panic attacks where I measured my pulse at 200+ beats per minute and I could feel my heartbeat in my chest and neck. I've also had heart arrhythmias where it felt like my heart was fluttering for a couple minutes. Could be dangerous or it could be nothing, so it's good to get checked out.

If you're taking caffeine (even tea), tobacco, or any other stimulants I'd probably try to cut them out in the meantime to avoid aggravating it. 

Edited by Yarco

6 hours ago, Yarco said:

I've had panic attacks where I measured my pulse at 200+ beats per minute and I could feel my heartbeat in my chest and neck.

Is that dangerous? Like is it okay for the heart rate to stay at such levels. 

Recently I have been having many panic attacks out of the blue.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Danioover9000 oki I got this information after some browsing. But I still recommend you take doctor's suggestions before starting anything on your own. Even discuss your exercise regime

5yri0y.jpg

5yrhqq.jpg

This is the link 

https://www.healthline.com/health/arrhythmia/alternative-treatments

Edited by Preety_India

@hyruga yeah. He took the first shot and then it began after some period of time. I hope that everything goes well eventually. 

@Danioover9000 one thing I can suggest you personally (from whatever I know so far about heart issues because my father died from cardiac arrest many years ago), are a couple of things 

• Try to reduce inflammation in your body to minimize palpitation. This you can do by drinking fruit juice especially citrus and drink a shit ton of water. Deep breathing also helps. Avoid eating anything that you might be allergic to. Don't eat very hot or very cold foods as they tend to worsen inflammation. Add turmeric to your diet. A small pinch in your cooking like you can add a bit to veggies. Don't eat anything too spicy 
  • Don't drink tea or coffee or that redbull or coke or any beverage that either contains carbonated water or too much sugar because these increase heart rate. Zero caffeine 
  • No drinking. No smoking. Good of you aren't doing it already. 
  • Eat at least 1 banana everyday. Very important to keep heart chill. 
  • Don't do any exercise right now. Simple walking is enough. 
  • If you can get berries in your local market then consume a cup of berries everyday 
  • Get good sleep each night. Don't change the time you go to sleep 
  • Don't eat much sugar or salt. But basic minimum salt is important 
  • Don't do any dieting. Sudden weight loss or gain can worsen palpitations. So don't do all that. Just keep a proper healthy diet 
  • Do relaxation exercises every day to keep mind calm. If you are not having a calm mind, heart palpitations can worsen. 
  • Don't use head phones. Avoid any form of loud noise or music. 
  • If you're arguing with your partner or someone in your family argues, stay away from it 

This much I can tell you off the top of my head 

@Yarco

9 hours ago, Yarco said:

Is it all the time, only when you do something physically strenuous, or at random? Is there a specific event that you think caused it?

I'd recommend spending $30 to get a blood pressure monitor on Amazon or borrow one from a friend if they have one (or go use a free one at a pharmacy), then track your blood pressure and pulse a couple of times per day and write it down. It will be helpful for your doctor to review actual numbers and better understand what's going on.

I've had panic attacks where I measured my pulse at 200+ beats per minute and I could feel my heartbeat in my chest and neck. I've also had heart arrhythmias where it felt like my heart was fluttering for a couple minutes. Could be dangerous or it could be nothing, so it's good to get checked out.

If you're taking caffeine (even tea), tobacco, or any other stimulants I'd probably try to cut them out in the meantime to avoid aggravating it. 

Never smoked tobacco, tried once and didn't like the taste at all, but I occasionally drink tea, and my main drink is coffee so I'll consider limiting the coffee down.

My max pulse, in the past, was roughly 170 to 180 beats per min. My resting beats per minute is around 90 to 94, and depending on activities, can raise to 110 to 120 and sometimes 140 for more demanding physical work, stress or mental exertion. I do have high blood pressure as well. The heart arrhythmia is what I'm having lately, and in the past the heart fluttering was random but not as frequent. 

The specific event in question is the first week of my Pfizer jab, that one triggered my frequent heart fluttering. Before the jab, my fitness levels were above average, I exercise like 2-4 times a week strength based, body weighted isometrics, and once a week I do steady state cardio and not high intensity interval training. I mostly get 7-8 hours of sleep, but 6-5 depending on stress. I do try to nap, if I can 1 hour. My health/diet is much cleaner now than in the past, like I used to drink soda frequently but I cut that out over time, replaced it with honey and tea/coffee, and I used to eat meals that were moderate in fat and carbs but high in protein, but I lessened that over time. In terms of mental fitness/cognitive performance, I'm average but sometimes I can focus really hard on something, and that sometimes effects my heart rate so I'm taking it easy. I terms of my emotional fitness, it's below average because I experience more negative emotions more than positive ones, plus this heart fluttering has me more depressed than usual. I had to work and study as easily or more relaxed than usual. Some of my hobbies I can perform well, like dancing or martial arts, I have to take it easy, and drawing isn't that effected. 

The heart fluttering were random and not as frequent in the past, but sometimes there's pain and sometimes not.

@hyruga

2 hours ago, hyruga said:

Is it due to the vaccines?

It's related to the recent shot I had taken yes, but it's not the direct cause, it made an underlying subtle condition I had worse. Of course, don't take this as anti vax speak, I'm not telling you not to take vaccine. but treat this as a heads up if you have a similar condition, and lreally look after your health.

@Preety_India

2 hours ago, Preety_India said:

@Danioover9000 oki I got this information after some browsing. But I still recommend you take doctor's suggestions before starting anything on your own. Even discuss your exercise regime

5yri0y.jpg

5yrhqq.jpg

This is the link 

https://www.healthline.com/health/arrhythmia/alternative-treatments

2 hours ago, Preety_India said:

@Danioover9000 one thing I can suggest you personally (from whatever I know so far about heart issues because my father died from cardiac arrest many years ago), are a couple of things 

• Try to reduce inflammation in your body to minimize palpitation. This you can do by drinking fruit juice especially citrus and drink a shit ton of water. Deep breathing also helps. Avoid eating anything that you might be allergic to. Don't eat very hot or very cold foods as they tend to worsen inflammation. Add turmeric to your diet. A small pinch in your cooking like you can add a bit to veggies. Don't eat anything too spicy 
  • Don't drink tea or coffee or that redbull or coke or any beverage that either contains carbonated water or too much sugar because these increase heart rate. Zero caffeine 
  • No drinking. No smoking. Good of you aren't doing it already. 
  • Eat at least 1 banana everyday. Very important to keep heart chill. 
  • Don't do any exercise right now. Simple walking is enough. 
  • If you can get berries in your local market then consume a cup of berries everyday 
  • Get good sleep each night. Don't change the time you go to sleep 
  • Don't eat much sugar or salt. But basic minimum salt is important 
  • Don't do any dieting. Sudden weight loss or gain can worsen palpitations. So don't do all that. Just keep a proper healthy diet 
  • Do relaxation exercises every day to keep mind calm. If you are not having a calm mind, heart palpitations can worsen. 
  • Don't use head phones. Avoid any form of loud noise or music. 
  • If you're arguing with your partner or someone in your family argues, stay away from it 

This much I can tell you off the top of my head 

Again, thank you so much for the sharing of sources, I will check them out later.