Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KatiesKarma

Do emotions get stuck in the body? Are blockages real

10 posts in this topic

I have trouble understanding dissociation/split consciousness and the freeze response. 

If I were to exercise vigurously for one hour per day, would that shake my system up and let those deeply hidden emotions rise to the surface? Seems a little too 'easy'

yes, i was dissociated for a very long time. it was unbearable, but i just kept working with the trust someday something will happen, it took months of catharsis and developing right understanding that just i remember i had this thought i was like, oh, i can feel my body. and it has ramped up to where i'm at now -

now i feel very in my body and present, like i am just here, there is a stillness and ability to listen to what is arising in my awareness with a feeling of connectedness. i have become very sensitive to what is

so freeze is just a response, dissociation, fight, flight whatever the fuck - it's all the same, there is something unresolved in the body, the issue is the one who is identified with the mind is so out of touch with the body they go on seeking relief endlessly, but never still the mind enough to listen to the body, which is why somatic experiencing/breathwork is so useful, because it just shuts it up for you. then healing can occur, because the intelligence of the body always just knows what to do - the problem is when you try  to figure it out intellectually, then you always stay stuck in that trauma state of 'blockages'

it is not about how hard you work, it's just doing the right thing which can happen spontaenously, like looking at a picture of you as a child can just burst open the floodgates of inner child wounds.

consciousness is not split or disconnected, it is just awareness is so intensly contracted that you experience is as a deeply unbearable sense of seperateness and inability to connect - which you crave so badly, but never fulfill. dissociation is tricky, it was for me anyways, i just done about anything you can think of. i think it all added up, but definitely there is work. it all comes down to what is it preventing you from letting go

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

3 hours ago, KatiesKarma said:

If I were to exercise vigurously for one hour per day, would that shake my system up and let those deeply hidden emotions rise to the surface? Seems a little too 'easy'

Moving and shaking will release your body tension and will raise your consciousness. Raising your consciousness effectively means that your mind works lets say e.g. twice as fast or you are living in slow motion.

I wouldn't say it causes 'hidden emotion raise to the surface'. It's rather like that, you have your baseline of consciousness where you feel comfortable. If you raise your current state of consciousness after some time you will feel uneasy. Your ego will do everything to bring you back to previous level - so yeah, it may use old tricks..

What you want to achieve is to raise your state step by step. You will be going back but it's important to keep a direction of higher consciousness.

3 hours ago, KatiesKarma said:

Seems a little too 'easy'

Seems too easy because you underestimate how much you have to do. Plus once you release some trapped energy, you will need to find new tricks to release more and more. If you stretch your body you can't just use one exercise for every part of your body.

5 MeO DMT is super effective at releasing trapped energy. After breakthrough you can feel as if you got a new body. However you disorganize it really quickly.

Technically emotion doesn’t get stuck or blocked in the body in any physical sense. The mind gets stuck on a discordant misinterpretation of emotion, disassociating via believing labels, and thus feels like there are two or split consciousness. (Split/two) A me (1) which used to but isn’t fully feeling the body (2). 

If this is due to trauma, it can be resolved via transmutation and realizing more aligned interpretation (specific to the current misinterpretation). Where there was the sense of stuck ness, there is now the feeling of flow / streaming. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

You don't have to go to the point of blocked energy and chakra woo-woo stuff. Psychology scientifically recognizes the idea of repressed emotions.

10 hours ago, KatiesKarma said:

Even intense breathing is enough without exercise. Check out the Actualized.org video on holotropic breathing and try it yourself.

If you wanna try some really whacky cathartic stuff, look up elliot hulse bioenergetics on Youtube

Animals all naturally do this (except people forgot how I guess.) Watch your dog if he gets scared or startled, he'll shake the trauma out afterward. If you do it right away after trauma happens and don't let it build up, it only takes a second or two. If you're a human who has bottled it up for decades it'll take several 20-minute sessions at least.

Edited by Yarco

12 hours ago, catcat69123 said:

yes, i was dissociated for a very long time. it was unbearable, but i just kept working with the trust someday something will happen, it took months of catharsis and developing right understanding that just i remember i had this thought i was like, oh, i can feel my body. and it has ramped up to where i'm at now -

now i feel very in my body and present, like i am just here, there is a stillness and ability to listen to what is arising in my awareness with a feeling of connectedness. i have become very sensitive to what is

so freeze is just a response, dissociation, fight, flight whatever the fuck - it's all the same, there is something unresolved in the body, the issue is the one who is identified with the mind is so out of touch with the body they go on seeking relief endlessly, but never still the mind enough to listen to the body, which is why somatic experiencing/breathwork is so useful, because it just shuts it up for you. then healing can occur, because the intelligence of the body always just knows what to do - the problem is when you try  to figure it out intellectually, then you always stay stuck in that trauma state of 'blockages'

it is not about how hard you work, it's just doing the right thing which can happen spontaenously, like looking at a picture of you as a child can just burst open the floodgates of inner child wounds.

consciousness is not split or disconnected, it is just awareness is so intensly contracted that you experience is as a deeply unbearable sense of seperateness and inability to connect - which you crave so badly, but never fulfill. dissociation is tricky, it was for me anyways, i just done about anything you can think of. i think it all added up, but definitely there is work. it all comes down to what is it preventing you from letting go

Would you mind sharing what exactly you did ? I also feel like dissociation is soooo fucking tricky and for me, at least, runs VERY deep. Emotions are super numbed out and all I get are empty tears from time to time

5 hours ago, Yarco said:

You don't have to go to the point of blocked energy and chakra woo-woo stuff. Psychology scientifically recognizes the idea of repressed emotions.

Even intense breathing is enough without exercise. Check out the Actualized.org video on holotropic breathing and try it yourself.

If you wanna try some really whacky cathartic stuff, look up elliot hulse bioenergetics on Youtube

Animals all naturally do this (except people forgot how I guess.) Watch your dog if he gets scared or startled, he'll shake the trauma out afterward. If you do it right away after trauma happens and don't let it build up, it only takes a second or two. If you're a human who has bottled it up for decades it'll take several 20-minute sessions at least.

Yeah I've watched some of his videos where he explained emotional numbness as well. I fall under the schizoid category, I am all stuck in my head. I think he said massages, touch and these kind of exercises would help?

@KatiesKarma here's the difference between animals and humans. 

humans have both a physical and mental preservation, that's why we're so fucked in the head

but yeah basically so a few people mentioned breathwork and i have to say that it poured so much out of me that i have to recommend it. you can join a zoom class, i used it a few times because the sharing and the group 'energy' and the music all played a part for me https://breathworkonline.com/flexible-date-free-breathwork-workshop-home/ 

the question not really to 'solve' the dissociation because that is just a consequence of the actual things you need to 'let go of/solve'. and there has to be also a very very very very developed understanding into how your mind functions and that 'sense of you' is not  you, without realizing everyone is a mirror of you there is no room for you to allow yourself to FEEL the triggers of trauma so you keep them locked away, does that make sense? if  you keep getting identified with how you feel and avoid the negativity such as anxiety/feeling judged or whatever the fuck, then there's no room for change and no direct insight. you stay in the realm of intellectual understanding

that in the past you ran away from so chances are you are either unaware of how much trauma, which is a very broad term, did you have childhood issues, heartbroken by a partner, left to be homeless, bullied? there's ways of surfacing that shit up without doing anything but talking to someone you're attached to or you are and you haven't been able to find a method back into your body so, here's a few things to try;

Tre - trauma realese exercise, it's like shaking ur legs, also watch the lectures by the guy who created it - Peter Levine

Talk therapy - it's pretty important to have a good mirror, it is actually too important to ignore, especially for inner child

breathwork - do the wim hoff method for a while, at least daily for a few weeks, and push yourself to get to 5 rounds at once or something - things will absolutely happen, holotropic too/shamanic/the link i sent is like the INTENSE catharsis, it is like a psychedelic trip

psychedelics - this is a bit tricky for me to put here because while they are SO useful and without them i would probably just be ruthelessly suffering and never got introduced to spirituality, they are just as potentially not useful lol so it's entirely up to you (mushrooms specifically helped). the intent must be solid in stone, but it has helped, i have also done a lot of drugs like mdma/ketamine that gave me A LITTLE insight, such as i need to forgive someone and work on that more and so on and some catharsis but i don't think it was necessary. medication/ssris/benzos/anti-psychotics was useless

meditation techniques - try yoga nidra, do hatha yoga, allow yourself at least like an hour a day to just SIT with it all, without 'doing anything' / zazen, it is going to be very unpleasant but it is important you can sit with this pain. also, oshos dynamic meditation.  forgiveness!!! - metta, loving kindness.

primal scream - go somewhere where you can scream so your lungs out. 

read the book letting go: pathway of surrender, that is probably where you should start. and end

i know how much pain you are in, that absolute numbness, inability to enjoy anything, the lethargy and craving it to end. good luck, you will feel again

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

1 hour ago, catcat69123 said:

@KatiesKarma here's the difference between animals and humans. 

humans have both a physical and mental preservation, that's why we're so fucked in the head

but yeah basically so a few people mentioned breathwork and i have to say that it poured so much out of me that i have to recommend it. you can join a zoom class, i used it a few times because the sharing and the group 'energy' and the music all played a part for me https://breathworkonline.com/flexible-date-free-breathwork-workshop-home/ 

the question not really to 'solve' the dissociation because that is just a consequence of the actual things you need to 'let go of/solve'. and there has to be also a very very very very developed understanding into how your mind functions and that 'sense of you' is not  you, without realizing everyone is a mirror of you there is no room for you to allow yourself to FEEL the triggers of trauma so you keep them locked away, does that make sense? if  you keep getting identified with how you feel and avoid the negativity such as anxiety/feeling judged or whatever the fuck, then there's no room for change and no direct insight. you stay in the realm of intellectual understanding

that in the past you ran away from so chances are you are either unaware of how much trauma, which is a very broad term, did you have childhood issues, heartbroken by a partner, left to be homeless, bullied? there's ways of surfacing that shit up without doing anything but talking to someone you're attached to or you are and you haven't been able to find a method back into your body so, here's a few things to try;

Tre - trauma realese exercise, it's like shaking ur legs, also watch the lectures by the guy who created it - Peter Levine

Talk therapy - it's pretty important to have a good mirror, it is actually too important to ignore, especially for inner child

breathwork - do the wim hoff method for a while, at least daily for a few weeks, and push yourself to get to 5 rounds at once or something - things will absolutely happen, holotropic too/shamanic/the link i sent is like the INTENSE catharsis, it is like a psychedelic trip

psychedelics - this is a bit tricky for me to put here because while they are SO useful and without them i would probably just be ruthelessly suffering and never got introduced to spirituality, they are just as potentially not useful lol so it's entirely up to you (mushrooms specifically helped). the intent must be solid in stone, but it has helped, i have also done a lot of drugs like mdma/ketamine that gave me A LITTLE insight, such as i need to forgive someone and work on that more and so on and some catharsis but i don't think it was necessary. medication/ssris/benzos/anti-psychotics was useless

meditation techniques - try yoga nidra, do hatha yoga, allow yourself at least like an hour a day to just SIT with it all, without 'doing anything' / zazen, it is going to be very unpleasant but it is important you can sit with this pain. also, oshos dynamic meditation.  forgiveness!!! - metta, loving kindness.

primal scream - go somewhere where you can scream so your lungs out. 

read the book letting go: pathway of surrender, that is probably where you should start. and end

i know how much pain you are in, that absolute numbness, inability to enjoy anything, the lethargy and craving it to end. good luck, you will feel again

Thanks :) I'll definitely do the breathing. Psychedelics have been mildly interesting but mostly disturbing and not helpful at all in this regard, neither was any ssri 

I think I have quite a bit of trauma to work trough, already got a talk therapist. 

21 hours ago, catcat69123 said:

Amazing! This was very helpful to read. Thank you for sharing ☺️?