Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Windappreciator

Can we get a list with all the metal levels in plant food?

7 posts in this topic

Not possible, as they greatly vary from plant to plant and from region to region. Not all crop is equally heavily contaminated with metals. You have to do your own research if you want to know whether some particular plant product might contain higher levels of some metals. 

3 hours ago, Windappreciator said:

I have no idea what you guys are talking about

Are you talking about metal levels in plants people eat, or metal levels in "plant food" like fertilizers

Either way it's going to vary from individual case to case like Tim said

Edited by Yarco

With plants, the bigger issue are things like persistent organic pollutants, polychlorinated biphenyls, various forms of pesticides rather than heavy metals as they like to hang around animal tissue. And once you start going down this road, you'll very quickly realise that there remains very little you can eat if you want to avoid chemicals in your food altogether unless you can grow your own food. It is a better idea to avoid the major offenders (animal foods, contaminated water, living in polluted area etc.) and get at least some % of your plants from organic produce if the budget allows it. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

8 hours ago, Michael569 said:

With plants, the bigger issue are things like persistent organic pollutants, polychlorinated biphenyls, various forms of pesticides rather than heavy metals as they like to hang around animal tissue. And once you start going down this road, you'll very quickly realise that there remains very little you can eat if you want to avoid chemicals in your food altogether unless you can grow your own food. It is a better idea to avoid the major offenders (animal foods, contaminated water, living in polluted area etc.) and get at least some % of your plants from organic produce if the budget allows it. 

I understand and i have already removed the listed sources of pollution.

I just want to reduce my metal intake, like switching from white rice to brown rice because of the reported higher arsenic content in white rice.

No, my budget does not allow, leo said organic has higher metal contents, maybe because of the animal poop?