Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SQAAD

Leo do you take turmeric after your last blog post?

7 posts in this topic

I just read Leo's last post. Personally I take turmeric powder and I live in Greece. Should I keep taking it? I'm confused... 

It would be ideal if you could buy the green ones. 

Screenshot_20211213_222228.jpg

I'm already growing oregano. Planted my little oregano shoot today. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

9 hours ago, Something Funny said:

@Leo Gura, I also have a question regarding things like oregano, thyme, and basil. What if I decide to grow them myself? Will they also be contaminated because there is somethings in they nature that makes them absorb heavy metals more than other plants and because my water and soil will be just as polluted as industrial ones? Or is it actually a good idea to grow them by yourself?

If you use good soil and water it will be fine.

If you're gonna eat them, best to grow them yourself of course.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Something Funny said:

@Leo Gura is there any explanation as to why those specific plants are more susceptible to being contaminated by heavy metals? Why not potatoes for example? I doubt that standards for growing potatoes in terms of water and soil quality are much higher.

I don't know.

Keep in mind framers spray all plants with pesticides and chemicals. That will stick to leafy herbs way more than a carrot or potato, which you can wash and peal, and it has way less surface area.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

14 hours ago, Something Funny said:

is there any explanation as to why those specific plants are more susceptible to being contaminated by heavy metals? Why not potatoes for example?

Those plants might produce chemical substances that bind toxins. Those substances might be the source of their medicinal properties and at the same time the reason for higher contamination. Two-edged sword. Potato simply doesn't produce such chemicals. Although potato is pretty poisonous by itself, without any contamination, it can't be eaten raw.