BlurryBoi

Life Purpose question about Values

8 posts in this topic

When doing the assignments about what is most Meaningful in life, i found "Sadness" to be one of the Most "Meaningful" things for me.

Not "depression/apathy sadness", i mean real SADness, more like sadness from the Heart.

I don't understand what it implies, what does it mean, what should i do why this ?

Thanks

This answer kept coming back, and feels very authentic/genuine, and i really don't feel it to be toxic

But it keeps me wondering about it

@BlurryBoi Sadness is your heart's path from apathy to love. Sadness contains longing which contains love. What do you long for?

The road to God is paved with bliss.

@martins name tough question, i'd say i long for Love

Do you mean that this mean my life purpose is around love rather than sadness ?

I agree that love is one of the most meaningful things, but i feel sadness is very different, a different form of "meaning"

When I watch a movie or show with a sad scene, there's a very specific feeling associated with it. I wonder if that's what you're referring to. I can see how giving people that feeling could be a good thing.

It's not just sadness, there's more underneath. At the same time I feel sad watching these scenes, I also feel inspiration, love, empathy, and other things.

Maybe you are mistaking some other feeling for sadness, or maybe it's genuine sadness.

Anyway I feel like there is lots of room for sharing sadness in society. People love to listen to sad songs... it helps get them through tough times. Tim Burton movies have a weird sad goth aesthetic and a very cult following.

I say stick with it and figure out what your ideal medium and other details are and it might become more clear.

I love some sad music, even if I don't feel sad myself. Listening to people articulate that emotion can have it's own beauty to it.

Maybe there is some type expression of sadness that you enjoy? 

On 01/12/2021 at 11:30 AM, BlurryBoi said:

I agree that love is one of the most meaningful things, but i feel sadness is very different, a different form of "meaning"

For me, I know there are many forms and channels of meaning... love, kindness, the willingness to suffer and sacrifice for the sake of personal growth and change... and perhaps most of all integrity... speaking only for myself, there are many different things that give meaning, and they tend to feed into each other, but there is no hierarchy ... no one thing that is 'the' source of meaning...

@BlurryBoi Longing is always for love but does that come in some form for you? Maybe you long for peace, perfection, self-mastery, or the flourishing of the people around you. Defiantly do heart chakra meditation to work on going into that sadness into the love that is in the core of it and bask in that love. 

try this heart chakra meditation for 10 min minimum and tell me how you feel:

1. assume a gentle smile
  2. take a long in-breath and feel the sadness in your chest area.
  3. as you slowly breathe out go into the sadness to the love that is in its core. and radiate that love from your chest to re rest of your body and feel your body glowing with that love outwards.
  4. repeat steps 2 and 3. You can let go of the sadness and just bask in love if that feels right to you.

This meditation is dependent on how intense emotions you can generate. A great way to do this is to think back to memories where you felt these emotions or conjure up mental images. 

The road to God is paved with bliss.