Vido

Leo's latest blog Question

9 posts in this topic

I have been contemplating this and trying to find an answer. Any replies are greatly appreciated.

Leo mentioned there are bad things are feel good and good things that feel bad. I understand this. 

Expanding on this, there are assumptions that one makes that feel true even though they are not. Only looking back can you see that the thing you were doing is not the truth but the assumption.

My question is: Why does this assumption that I make feel so true? Even though in my mind I know this is not true, it feels true. This feeling of truth, is that even the truth? How can something so wrong feel so right? 

Because it is a feeling, you should use your mind and be rational.

Self-deception 101. Your feelings are there to help your short-term survival, and survival is usually not truth, it's illusions and biases.

By overwhelming your mind's focus with survival, you drift further and further away from truth into a hell of your own making.

In a sense survival is the avoidance of truth. And avoidance of truth always comes back to bite you in the ass, it just takes a while.

Most people live in a way where they are trying to cheat at life in order to temporarily feel good. This is like living off a rolling series of credit card loans.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

That wasn't a very good blog post.

Feeling is guidance. No thing is more directly available and... Well, felt.

In feeling, there is no survival, no ego, no good or bad.

In fact, I'm gonna go 180°. Narratives about survival, ego, illusions and biases, is avoidance of feeling, and truth.

But you don't have to take my word for it. Just allow feeling and let it guide you. You will see. This is direct. Narratives of survival, bias, ego, is not.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

@Leo Gura Are you telling me that I made an assumption about truth (truth being this survival drive) when I was little and its coming to bite me now?
I understand that and for me a little bit of a mindfuck. 

However, the next question would be what is the quality of Truth or Love and is that different from survival feelings

@Vido I'm saying you never cared much about truth. What you care about is increasing your survival and comfort, and you do this at the cost of truth. Then that bites you in the ass.

The quality of Truth/Love is selflessness. Lack of manipulation and scheming to meet your own needs. Lack of dwelling on yourself.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Vido I'm saying you never cared much about truth. What you care about is increasing your survival and comfort, and you do this at the cost of truth.

Okay. If I tried to inquire about this phenomenon experientially, How do I make the distinction between the survival drive and Truth?  Not conceptually, but if I became mindful of the experience itself, where do I go from there? How to contemplate this?

11 minutes ago, Vido said:

Okay. If I tried to inquire about this phenomenon experientially, How do I make the distinction between the survival drive and Truth?  Not conceptually, but if I became mindful of the experience itself, where do I go from there? How to contemplate this?

Oh, that's easy! Haven't you noticed how much you avoid looking at truth and how much you lie to yourself and to others?

Observe your own dishonesty. Dishonesty comes in many subtle forms. You lie to yourself many times per day and your entire lifestyle is predicated upon lies you've told yourself for years. You also participate in many collective lies found in our culture.

Contemplate: Where am I avoiding truth in my life?

Truth isn't some fancy mystical thing. Truth is just whatever is the case. But the problem is that simply admitting whatever is the case to yourself undercuts your survival strategies and manipulations.

survival is ig both the social media and the i-nstant g-ratification

which is pretty ironic as truth is pretty gratifying too but not initially so social

Edited by gettoefl