caelanb

Sex, Love & goop

9 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, few weeks ago I was going through Netflix and found a show called “Sex, Love & goop”, It’s with Gwyneth Paltrow. I watched a few episodes and found it to be quite a paradigm shift. Quick over view, it talks about how to reignite the sexual fire in relationships that have lost it or that have never had any. Volunteers are put through sessions with a facilitator to try to help them make there sexual life’s better. I thought the show was just gonna be about different ways you can have sex to wake up the sexual energy again, however, to my surprised it was very different. It barely focuses on the intercourse aspect of sex. It focuses on trying to make sex a journey, learning about yourself and your patent (turn ons, offs and so forth). I thought having sex was the only way to truly experience the height of sexual pleasure, but according to this series, there are other ways too. Not to put down sex or anything.

One episode that was particularly interesting, almost spiritual, is episode 5 or 6 (I don’t exactly remember which one). The sexual energy facilitator does a demonstration of how you can use sexual energy to turn yourself on (she was doing it with her partner). But her partner wasn’t even touching her, he was literally waving his hands around like a magician and she was moving (with her clothes on) in what seemed like she was being turned on. I was like, “what the f*ck is this, if this is real, it is literally magic filmed on camera (she was wearing a blindfold to make sure she was not cheating)”.

So, yeah I found it really interesting and surprising, if you want you can check it out on Netflix (Sex, Love & goop), possibly other places, but that’s where I found it. If you have already seen it, that’s cool too, I’m curious how guys find it.

Thank you for reading.

:D

If you go on the Integral Stage's youtube channel they have a playlist called, "Integral Sexuality," you can find some high quality people who work in sexuality.

As for Goop, I honestly haven't watched any of the Goop related series so take what I say with a grain of salt. However, I've heard a lot of really negative things about it, including warnings of the dangers inherent to their, "pseudoscience." Again, I'm certainly not qualified to be able to give an educated opinion on them, but just be careful about it. 

Edited by Elevated

Is that like a reality TV show? 

If it something along those lines of celebrity shows, they're simply a waste of time 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Elevated

On 2021-12-02 at 7:28 PM, Elevated said:

If you go on the Integral Stage's youtube channel they have a playlist called, "Integral Sexuality," you can find some high quality people who work in sexuality.

What is this integral sexually thing? I’ve never heard of it. Is it the integration of sexuality and spirituality? If so, it sounds like a weird thing, I'm not sure what that would be focused on, and what its goals are, kinda pseudoscience, but what do I know.

On 2021-12-02 at 7:28 PM, Elevated said:

As for Goop, I honestly haven't watched any of the Goop related series so take what I say with a grain of salt. However, I've heard a lot of really negative things about it, including warnings of the dangers inherent to their, "pseudoscience." Again, I'm certainly not qualified to be able to give an educated opinion on them, but just be careful about it.

It was interesting, at least that was my impression. But the fact that you bring up some dangers that you have heard from other people makes me question a little bit the therapists that they bring in a bit. It did seem legit though. One episode was a little bit too out there for me, so I can see how it would be considered pseudoscience. However, I am curious whether the entire thing was or wasn’t, it certainly seemed like most of the methods used worked for the volunteers that were brought in.

@Preety_India

On 2021-12-02 at 7:31 PM, Preety_India said:

Is that like a reality TV show? 

If it something along those lines of celebrity shows, they're simply a waste of time 

This is the description from Netflix, ‘Courageous couples journey toward more pleasurable sex and deeper intimacy with help from Gwyneth Paltrow and a team of experts in this reality series.’ So yes, it is a reality tv show. However, I think it is focused on helping people, because you see people's successes during and after the show. It’s not meant to create drama and the like, or at least that’s not what it seems to be focused on. I’m not exactly sure why Gweneth Paltrow is in the show to be honest, she just talks with the volunteers and experts. I guess the times when she speaks with the volunteers and experts are insightful, but they seem to be just asides.

Update, my friend and his girlfriend told me that Gwyneth Paltrow (just realized that I spelled her name wrong in the previous post) is full of sh*t and that what she sells doesn't really work. So, I don't know if that would apply to the show, but I am assuming yes to a certain extent because, you never know what kind of bullsh*t could have been put into it. It's very deceptive though because the show seemed very legit. Thanks for the early (I guess) warning though.

@caelanb

I’ve seen that show and experienced just about everything in it, and I’d be more careful in listening to your friends opinion, which might not be rooted in direct experience. 

There is even the experience to be experienced, of energetic ‘sex’. It’s amazing. Wouldn’t expect or want anyone to believe this, because it’s really about the direct experience, but aligned & attuned, you can make a woman orgasm without even touching her. Hard to say when this will be ‘mainstream’, but it is true and it inevitably will be and will make blunt manipulations seem archaic. But again, have to directly see for yourself. (The concept of physical “sex” here is just used to point.) If interested, start with simply feeling the sensation of energy in the palms of your hands. ‘Connect’ everyday in that way, then slowly move a hand (palm) over her body from toe to head and feel the exchange if you will, of energy. Again, it’s amazing. (*technically you’re not ‘making her’, but this is to communicate, to point). 

Also, Alan Watts has a video called something like prickles and goo. I’d give that a listen. Might bring clarity to you and your friends differing opinions. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Haven’t seen the series but the part about not touching and just directing the energy etc is true. 

@Nahm

On 2021-12-27 at 0:16 PM, Nahm said:

I’ve seen that show and experienced just about everything in it

That's cool! How is it in comparison to the more physical stuff if you don’t mind me asking? Is the part with the therapist being manipulated by her partner's energy real, as well as the episode ‘thank the past’? ‘Thank the past’ seemed kinda bs to me because they were just talking. The energy thing is a woohoo and newagie to me as well, but after seeing what it was doing to the couple it was more convincing. I feel like the energy they speak about and experience is just the heat that the body naturally gives (or some other part of thermodynamics), but after watching the scene it kinda challenged the feeling I had (I don't think heat can make them do what they did). I’m assuming you have experienced most of what the show demonstrates with your partner. How did your partner other think of it?

and I’d be more careful in listening to your friends opinion, which might not be rooted in direct experience. 

I think their opinion was based more on the stuff that she sells, so they may have been extrapolating it into everything she is in. According to them, her products are bs, so I’m guessing they would probably assume that the show itself is BS too. I know my friend did see a bit of it though, I don’t remember what he said, I only remember what they both told me, which was after he said he had watched it. Also, I don’t think they have had direct experience of energetic sex or the more newagie things on the show, so they likely lack direct experience.

There is even the experience to be experienced, of energetic ‘sex’. It’s amazing. Wouldn’t expect or want anyone to believe this, because it’s really about the direct experience, but aligned & attuned, you can make a woman orgasm without even touching her.

That sounds mind boggling coming from someone who was not in the show. Is the kinds of erotic blueprint quiz at the beginning legit too (energetic, sensual, sexual and so on)? Also, would the arousal and possible orgasim someone can get just from watching two people do sexual things together or reading something that is sexual count as of sexual blueprint?

Hard to say when this will be ‘mainstream’, but it is true and it inevitably will be and will make blunt manipulations seem archaic. But again, have to directly see for yourself. (The concept of physical “sex” here is just used to point.)

I don’t think I have never heard of anyone close to me saying they have tried energetic sex, nietter have I heard of it just in everyday life very often. Though, I'd probably hear about it if I watched some Youtube video from some spiritual person about cultivating energy somehow. I’m surprised Leo has not spoken about it yet, or maybe he did in his ‘How To Get Laid’ series, I have not watched the whole thing, but I am assuming Leo predominantly focuses more of the physical part of sex in his video. Do you use physical “sex” to point at energetic sex?

If interested, start with simply feeling the sensation of energy in the palms of your hands.

Are you talking about just the heat that your body gives off which you can feel if you get close enough to a person's body? Isn’t that just entropy (heat, which I guess is a form of energy)?. I can feel a little bit of warmth when I put my hands close together, but it’s very small and they have to be almost touching.

‘Connect’ everyday in that way, then slowly move a hand (palm) over her body from toe to head and feel the exchange if you will, of energy.

I don’t have a significant other to do this with, but when I get one, I guess I’ll try. ‘Hey, so would you like to have/try energetic sex?’, lol, it would be interesting to hear a response from someone after being asked that question. I’m not sure what you mean by ‘feel the exchange’, are you saying that you are just feeling the heat coming off the other person’s body?

Again, it’s amazing.

Is it as good as the sexual sex/orgasms that people ussualy have? If so, it seems hard to believe, but what do I know, I’ve never tried it. It seems very arcane.

(*technically you’re not ‘making her’, but this is to communicate, to point). 

I’m unsure what you mean here.

@At awe

On 2021-12-27 at 4:35 PM, At awe said:

Haven’t seen the series but the part about not touching and just directing the energy etc is true. 

Cool! Have you tried it? Can you compare it to a more physical way of sexual stimulation or are they too different, if you don’t mind me asking?

Netflix is one of the most corrupting overbiased entertaining industries on earth that I doubt it would advertise something healthy to people.

if it does advertise spirituality, it's definitely for its own malicious intention and a twisted form and basterdized version of it.

Edited by hamedsf

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"