Ingit

Joined GYM for the first time

10 posts in this topic

Hi people... I have a slim kind of figure so recently joined gym... Its been 6 days and I have started loosing weight... I am eating Well But Loosing weight... is it okay To loose weight at start.... I live In mountaineous   area so Have to walk a lot... consuming 30g of Protein isolate... Meed te commendation for weight gain... Thanks

?IngitScooby ?

It's ok as long as you know what weight you want to be in. Since you want to gain weight, I'd do less cardio and more weight type exercises. I'd even do just isometrics only personally, but you could also combine that with some slow exercises that are hypertrophy, and eat at surplus calories until I reach the weight I want to be in, especially since you are walking up and down a mountain to reach your gym that's all the cardio you need.

Also nap and sleep a lot and sleep good, and exercise less frequently to preserve some calories in you so you gain weight slightly faster, be less active if you can.

What is your nutrition and diet like? Foods you eat? Are you ok with dairy? I'd suggest some warm milk, a bit of sugar and honey, which really helps with the weight gain, but you'll have to try and see how it effects you.

Also, very nice and cute profile.

@Ingit

Giving you encouragement and support my fellow brother. 

I have lost a lot of weight. But I need to gain some weight now haha :D because I feel very weak. 

But I don't want to eat protein since I have a family history of kidney disease, my dad died from that. 

That's why I eat carbs to gain weight. But it's not enough. 

I hope you have a wonderful journey on your self actualization path 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India protein doesn't automatically give you chronic kidney disease. It's more complicated than that and it has never really been proven at moderate amounts that protein does cause CKD. Salt consumption is more relevant I'd say   Ofcourse don't go eating 200grams per day but without it you'll find it difficult to gain enough motivation to do much in the day. We have physiological need for at least moderate amounts of it. If you're worried about animal means, get it from legumes, Indian culture has probably the best selection of protein rich legumes and dahl. Legumes will protect you from kidney disease if anything.

Hope that clears stuff up ?

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

If you want to gain weight: 

• Skip cardio (at least for some time till you feel like you are gaining at your desired rate)
  • Don't skip meals
  • Make eating a habit (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
  • Make sure you always have food around
  • Count your calories to check if you are really eating enough, most people deceive themselves (the app myfitnesspal works great for that)
  • Focus on weight lifting (machines are also fine, especially in the beginning)
  • Eat more nuts, a handful in the evening can make the difference between gaining and losing weight

I would also not worry about the time frame of 6 days.

My weight fluctuates at around 3-4 KG from day to day, Weigh yourself maybe every 2-3 weeks don't get too obsessive over the numbers.

@Danioover9000 in morning.... i drink tea with brown bread sometimes with butter and sometimes cornflakes.....in the afternoon usually eating rice these days with vegetables....in the evening a little rice then go to gym and consume 25 g of protein isolate shake,.,,,after gym,,.usually eggs,,,,,and rice again with vegetables,,,,and before sleep,,,banana with milk.....

@Preety_India thank you preety.... For protein part as long as ur kidney functions tests are normal ubcan consume protein.....I am doctor so trust me ?

?IngitScooby ?

@Ingit thank you brother. My kidney tests are normal till now. 

But I tend to get foamy urine everyday, can you tell me why that is? 

8 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@Ingit thank you brother. My kidney tests are normal till now. 

But I tend to get foamy urine everyday, can you tell me why that is? 

Oh I get it....foamy urine is usually a sign of proteinuria which don't settle fast(foam) not always though....as u mentioned about ur family history...I would recommend getting your urine checked for protein level... Check ur dm

Edited by Ingit

?IngitScooby ?

Just now, Ingit said:

Oh I get it....foamy urine is usually a sign of proteinuria which don't settle fast(foam) not always though....as u mentioned about ur family history...I would recommend getting your urine checked for protein level...

Does it mean a problem with the kidneys?