Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VeganAwake

Reality is perfectly unpredictable

8 posts in this topic

If reality could be understood, known or predictable it would become mundane and boring very quickly. 

It's perfect in its unpredictability and unknowable in its unknowability.

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

22 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

If reality could be understood, known or predictable it would become mundane and boring very quickly. 

It's perfect in its unpredictability and unknowable in its unknowability.

❤ 

There are people making bank with its predictability actually. Quantitative models, trading, sports betting, machine learning, data science. All of this works thanks to being able to predict outcomes; not entirely, obviously, but still mind-blowingly accurate: which means, being more right than wrong in these predictions. Heck, Jim Simons is a great example of this. It's not entirely predictable but within our reach (planet earth) we already predict tons of things correctly. As per the knowable and being understood, you're probably right. 

Yes. It’s eternally, necessarily just out of reach for whoever tries to grasp it. Perfectly so.

@michaelcycle00 if predictions are based in knowledge/words/science/etc they are only holding up their apparent existence ...predicting that “things” are comparable to “other things” is flawed by design because there are no “things”.

You can tell that the ideas within predictable comparisons are unreal by investigating the reality of the definitions of which “things” are being compared <3

We don’t even know how to really explain what a finger is — there’s nothing explainable because there’s no-thing to explain.

Reality does explain itself perfectly though ;)

8 hours ago, michaelcycle00 said:

There are people making bank with its predictability actually. Quantitative models, trading, sports betting, machine learning, data science. All of this works thanks to being able to predict outcomes; not entirely, obviously, but still mind-blowingly accurate: which means, being more right than wrong in these predictions. Heck, Jim Simons is a great example of this. It's not entirely predictable but within our reach (planet earth) we already predict tons of things correctly. As per the knowable and being understood, you're probably right. 

Yes there will always be apparent winners and losers at the racetrack.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Reality is like a priceless present, wrapped in very strange, questionable wrapping paper, wrapped with duck tape, with a lot of cat hair stuck to it.

Life is a gift that's why they call it the present. 

YOU'VE NEVER actually HEARD THAT CLICHE BEFORE, never. ? That's an illusion. ?I Am completely original all the time. I Am so original I created the idea of copying. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost