Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
charlie cho

How do you guys handle not buying drinks

6 posts in this topic

Maybe a club, im okay with not buying, but i feel weird when i dont buy a drink in a bar or hold it on my hand. 

Im short on money, so not only do i not want to buy alcohol, i dont want to buy coke or orange juice either. I aint paying 5 dollars for cranberry juice.

Nobody says anything against me, i just feel awkward without it

Edited by charlie cho

Drink water. Feel into the awkwardness and sit with it. 

I've gone to the bathroom 100s of times without needing to pee because of club anxiety. I have walked in circles around the same club for hours because I was scared people would see me not doing anything. Then I would be anxious that people had seen me walk around for too long. Now I can dance like an idiot in a bar where everyone else is static, or I can stand still on the dance floor when everyone else is dancing. Nothing is weird. Everything is weird. Next time you feel awkward, applaud yourself for feeling into the awkwardness. And then laugh at yourself for applauding yourself. And then laugh at yourself for laughing at yourself. Nothing makes sense in a nightclub. Sense is boring in a nightclub. 

Everybody is drunk (low in consciousness and awareness) so they dont give a shit what youre doing, remember that. I have never ever thought about if someone was sober or not at a club and I have been to the club over 1000 times. ;) 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Holding a drink in your hand is a negative. Now you got one less hand for physical escalation.

I never hold a drink in my hand. I try to even avoid getting free cups of water. You don't need it. It's all a distraction from approaching.

Don't even use the club toilet. Take a piss before you leave the house and once you return. Stop wasting your time on distractions. No one cares if you hold a drink or not. If they ask, you tell them that drinking is for people who have a stick up their ass, and keep on gaming that nothing matters.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

It is weird because you think it is weird. When you think you are weird for not holding a drink, stop your thinking and question it: is it really weird for not having a drink in your hand? Perhaps the drink is just a distraction for your lack of social skills. Having no social skills: that is weird!

In Tate we trust