Truth

Going Through Leo's Life Purpose Course A Second Time

10 posts in this topic

So I'm writing this because I'm curious to see if anyone has gone through the life purpose course a second time?

I've recently decided to go through it a second time because I've learned and improved on so much since a year ago about strategy, structuring, studying, understanding and many more things that I feel I'm actually up to the task and have the skills to actually make a deep understanding of what Leo is showing us and have it nice and neatly laid out in my journal so I have a deep understanding and I'm developing the embodiment that Leo talks about in this life purpose vision. I've decided to take it slow to really get all the gold I can from this. Because before I kind of rushed it, I took all the notes last year but it wasn't really grounded in anything because I was new to this whole thing. I'm actually really excited to be working on this Life Purpose again for the next 2-3 months. Even if nothing comes of it, even if it doesn't work at all and even if it takes me back a notch, It's still worth it. I'm aware this is all talk but I don't know why but I wanted to ask this question and share my view on this hole thing. 

Memento Mori

Same here. 

I've restarted it many times since I've bought it, like 4-5 times in 6-7 months and finally made it. But then the result was a big improvement regarding the big picture understanding of personal development, a theoretical understanding of myself and... nearly not enough actions for my "small bet". So yeah, after 7 month of procrastination (but like you with a lot of insights, which probably the biggest one was that my LP was probably wrong -during the Lp course I've decided rationally that I had to do personal development when instead my instincts/guts are telling me that I have to make movies) I want to restart the LP course this new year and really use it to support my new "small bet" that I've figured out only from my instinct/procrastination period into a more complete theory-practice thing, like the sage vision of Leo you know... :).

I think it's hard to really start what you really want to do, but at the same time: what other things truly matters more than doing what you really want to do? We are going to die anyway and whether we are make them or procrastinating them there will be consequences anyway, so better create a life that enable us to feel that "we take our chance and do with it our best, aka enough". 

So yeah, you're definitely not the only one, and good job to want to try it again! we will be in the top 5% of the peoples that will get out the best result from the course... maybe just we didn't make it at the first attempt :) 

1 hour ago, Ray said:

Same here. 

I've restarted it many times since I've bought it, like 4-5 times in 6-7 months and finally made it. But then the result was a big improvement regarding the big picture understanding of personal development, a theoretical understanding of myself and... nearly not enough actions for my "small bet". So yeah, after 7 month of procrastination (but like you with a lot of insights, which probably the biggest one was that my LP was probably wrong -during the Lp course I've decided rationally that I had to do personal development when instead my instincts/guts are telling me that I have to make movies) I want to restart the LP course this new year and really use it to support my new "small bet" that I've figured out only from my instinct/procrastination period into a more complete theory-practice thing, like the sage vision of Leo you know... :).

I think it's hard to really start what you really want to do, but at the same time: what other things truly matters more than doing what you really want to do? We are going to die anyway and whether we are make them or procrastinating them there will be consequences anyway, so better create a life that enable us to feel that "we take our chance and do with it our best, aka enough". 

So yeah, you're definitely not the only one, and good job to want to try it again! we will be in the top 5% of the peoples that will get out the best result from the course... maybe just we didn't make it at the first attempt :) 

I'm 100% shooting to be in the top 5% among many many other things he mentioned. It's kind of funny talking about it here, because I mean it's all talk, not much point in talking about what I'm gonna do but I guess I posted this because I'm curious about what results others have gotten which according to the 80-15-5 model there probably isn't many people with awesome results. But yeah I finished it last year and it felt great, I learned a lot about myself, my values and important concepts that Leo hadn't covered and that opened things up for me but now that I know how to use this information, it's a whole different view going through it again and I'm really looking forward to it. I actually feel I'm capable of really embodying these things and I've never had that feeling before.

"there's a lot of time and effort you're gonna have to put into this course to really work this course. But then again if you're a person who's really serious about living a powerful life then this will be a negligible cost in terms of time and money for you because you can see the potential that this has if you just get this part of your life taken care of. "

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

Any advice for people going in fresh?  I got this a week ago and plan on starting it in the new year.  Should I take a notebook and write shit down?  I'm planning on treating it like a real course.

4 hours ago, Evilwave Heddy said:

Any advice for people going in fresh?  I got this a week ago and plan on starting it in the new year.  Should I take a notebook and write shit down?  I'm planning on treating it like a real course.

Everything @CaptainFlint said.  To truly embody these concepts will take you a long time. And to be honest, even if you're incredibly determined and do everything (as I did). I believe what you put in is what you'll get out of it (if you know how to get the most out of it.). this is long term strategy and this rule of 80-15-5 explains exactly why most people won't get much from it, this is very long term results we're aiming for here which I don't think most people prepare for. 

Memento Mori

I will almost say that you really have to have a feel, like a call for it, and if you take it you must be really carful to not be drowned and distract by all the amazing informations that are shared, you must use everything as a support of your deepest drive because at the end the most important part is take action. I repeat, there are truths and amazing technique and concepts that will change the way you see things but you must be firstly committed to be true to your drive and not by these "extrinsic stuff". 

17 hours ago, Ray said:

I will almost say that you really have to have a feel, like a call for it, and if you take it you must be really carful to not be drowned and distract by all the amazing informations that are shared, you must use everything as a support of your deepest drive because at the end the most important part is take action. I repeat, there are truths and amazing technique and concepts that will change the way you see things but you must be firstly committed to be true to your drive and not by these "extrinsic stuff". 

I don't understand.

When I'm searching for my top 10 values, I have a hard time finding 10 values that I find meaningful.

After comparing my initial 10 values (removing the ones that mean the same), I'm only left with 7 that I feel that are really important, the 3 left are kinda "cool" to embody, but It doesn't really click.

Is this normal ?

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin

I simply mean that the most important thing is your emotional drive, the "feelings", what leo call instinct; everything else (regarding the life purpose thing) must come after that. Example: you have an instinct towards humor and make people laughs, the exercise on the lp course regarding values is to increase the focus of that instinct, is to make it more precise; but it' more important to keep a vague instinct than a precise "rational"/ non-instinctive inclination, the life purpose is an "emotional" thing, not a rational one: during the course - I felt- that you can be drowned by all this amazing rational-big picture understanding stuff: therefore try to always stick to you emotions, to your guts, instinct, rather than than too much theory. I'm not advocating that theory is bad, theory it's amazing, but it must be use to support the instinct. It's almost like the course clearly reflect the Leo's values and his prospective in life so you can be too much influenced if you are not enough aware. 

Regarding values I believe that you must look deeper. However is possibile that the things that are on the top of your list "values" much more than the things on the bottom of your list, so you have this effect that the last one are "kinda cool". The most important one are the top one, and regarding those you must be really sure about it, the rest is important but secondary. So yeah, look deeper but if you "instinctively" feel that your current list is right, you feel enough satisfied with it I would say that you can take the next step of the course.

Cheers :)  

1 hour ago, Ray said:

@Shin

I simply mean that the most important thing is your emotional drive, the "feelings", what leo call instinct; everything else (regarding the life purpose thing) must come after that. Example: you have an instinct towards humor and make people laughs, the exercise on the lp course regarding values is to increase the focus of that instinct, is to make it more precise; but it' more important to keep a vague instinct than a precise "rational"/ non-instinctive inclination, the life purpose is an "emotional" thing, not a rational one: during the course - I felt- that you can be drowned by all this amazing rational-big picture understanding stuff: therefore try to always stick to you emotions, to your guts, instinct, rather than than too much theory. I'm not advocating that theory is bad, theory it's amazing, but it must be use to support the instinct. It's almost like the course clearly reflect the Leo's values and his prospective in life so you can be too much influenced if you are not enough aware. 

Regarding values I believe that you must look deeper. However is possibile that the things that are on the top of your list "values" much more than the things on the bottom of your list, so you have this effect that the last one are "kinda cool". The most important one are the top one, and regarding those you must be really sure about it, the rest is important but secondary. So yeah, look deeper but if you "instinctively" feel that your current list is right, you feel enough satisfied with it I would say that you can take the next step of the course.

Cheers :)  

Thank you :)

I'm taking my time for this exercice, it's probably one of the most important, if not the most important ^^

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

On 12/27/2016 at 2:29 AM, Shin said:

After comparing my initial 10 values (removing the ones that mean the same), I'm only left with 7 that I feel that are really important, the 3 left are kinda "cool" to embody, but It doesn't really click.

7 values is fine to start with. Remember, you'll be tweaking and evolving all this over time as you go out into the real world and take action. Don't worry, you'll find another 3 values with time. Most people have too many values. The less, actually, the better, as you can tighten your focus even more.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.