Dodo

Enlightenment In 48 Minutes. Ready, Set, Go!

11 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I decided to write on YouTube the frowned upon phrase : "best way to attain enlightenment" - First video showed up was Leo's, but I've seen it before and I wanted to watch something new, so I opened the second link:

Have you guys seen this? I find it pretty interesting, even though the claim might seem a bit silly. I don't really know if he is speaking bullshit, and I actually like what he's saying. I guess the question remains - who am I? xD See you in 48 minutes, guys.

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

I really enjoy this talk also right now! Flowing with the Youtubes

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

3 hours ago, Dodoster said:

Enlightenment In 48 Minutes. Ready, Set, Go!

It has been found by all the great meditators of the world that just forty-eight minutes, exactly forty-eight minutes, are enough to make you enlightened. But to meditate for forty-eight minutes is a difficult thing . You can try it to check. Just put a small watch in front of you with a second hand, and start looking at the second hand the moment it moves from twelve. Just keep watching the second hand and see how long you can manage watching it. At the most, somewhere between ten to twelve seconds you will have missed, you will have gone somewhere else. And by the time you come back, a few seconds are lost, the hand has moved.

To attain those forty-eight minutes may take years, it can happen in this life. It all depends on your intensity. It all depends how much you are ready, willing, open, receptive, vulnerable.

4 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

It has been found by all the great meditators of the world that just forty-eight minutes, exactly forty-eight minutes, are enough to make you enlightened. But to meditate for forty-eight minutes is a difficult thing . You can try it to check. Just put a small watch in front of you with a second hand, and start looking at the second hand the moment it moves from twelve. Just keep watching the second hand and see how long you can manage watching it. At the most, somewhere between ten to twelve seconds you will have missed, you will have gone somewhere else. And by the time you come back, a few seconds are lost, the hand has moved.

To attain those forty-eight minutes may take years, it can happen in this life. It all depends on your intensity. It all depends how much you are ready, willing, open, receptive, vulnerable.

Isn't this a focusing exercise, and can be trained by reading? When I read I catch myself drift off into thought the most (maybe when I am doing other stuff I am not that attentive to my thoughts). But with training, the mind drifts off way less and it's like taming a horse somewhat

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

4 minutes ago, Dodoster said:

Isn't this a focusing exercise

It is a focusing exercise, it is not meditation, I mentioned it just for an example. Focusing can be practiced, meditation can't be practiced, it is a knack. 

Yeah, it could happen in 48 minutes, IF you have done most of the 10-20 or so years to get your mind to understand what it is.  

You cant just pull a bank robber out of his getaway car and enlighten him in 48 minutes (even tho he is already enlightened) - he will never understand it in such a short period of time unless hes prepared

9 minutes ago, kurt said:

Yeah, it could happen in 48 minutes, IF you have done most of the 10-20 or so years to get your mind to understand what it is.  

You cant just pull a bank robber out of his getaway car and enlighten him in 48 minutes (even tho he is already enlightened) - he will never understand it in such a short period of time unless hes prepared

Maybe 10-20 years is over-exaggerated. It all depends on the interest/commitment, resources available, open-mindedness and bullshit-detector (oh and practise). I do see a lot of close minded people though, to whom maybe 20 years won't be enough to prepare their mind. 

Edited by Dodoster

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

26 minutes ago, Dodoster said:

Maybe 10-20 years is over-exaggerated. It all depends on the interest/commitment, resources available, open-mindedness and bullshit-detector (oh and practise). I do see a lot of close minded people though, to whom maybe 20 years won't be enough to prepare their mind. 

Edited by kurt

27 minutes ago, Dodoster said:

Maybe 10-20 years is over-exaggerated.

No, for most of the people even 10-20 years are not enough.

16 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

No, for most of the people even 10-20 years are not enough.

I was going to say but edited it out.  You are right on, even Ramana (who most put into the instant enlightenment camp) had 26 years of favourable conditions (16 years as a satvic minded Bhramin with hardly any karmas) and 10 years in the Viripaksha cave doing self inquiry.  A total of 26 years of practice under his belt.  Plus he was a knowledge junkie, had access to all the texts on self knowledge,  the guy was incredible.  Thanks for saying that, because most of these kids think its easy