8Ball

Something I've noticed on the forum

25 posts in this topic

this place has a measurable level of consciousness which goes up when leo releases new episode (though sometimes down with episodes such as latest) ... by being around a high level of consciousness yours will increase ... increases take place first in the mind then in the heart then in the spirit ... you will be able to talk the talk depending on your self realizations

Edited by gettoefl

@Loba  Even though we may chart our own path free from the influence of others it still may be that we become attached to our own stories and they can become anchors that stop our growth. If we have an epiphany or inspiring revelation this can create an deep connection to it in us and quite often the appreciation for it will grow into a clinging to it.

Now it's understandable that we might cherish these insights and experiences since it has personal significance in our spiritual evolution although it is helpful to remind ourselves it still is an evolution. If we are continuing to transform our inner life eventually we will have to leave those behind as well.

Quite often we may continue to circle back to them in hopes to rekindle that sensation of awe in awakening yet this can generate the attachment to them. There is nothing wrong or bad about them but they are like landmarks on a journey, if we keep returning to them we aren't really going to get anywhere because we are walking in circles.

Edited by SOUL

@SOUL This is really good advice, I will bookmark this and come back to it a few times a week to let it sink in, as that is what happened to me - and it has prevented new awakenings of the same caliber for a few years now due to the attachment.

Thanks!

@Loba  As amazing as the visions and insights we can attain in awakening are these really the point of the inner work we do?

The self seeks to adorn it's identity with those visions and insights from the experiences of awakening as someone would fill their home with baubles and trinkets from the trips they have taken.

In liberation we realize freedom from self suffering so if these do not fulfill liberation then they are a distraction from it.

On 12.11.2021 at 4:22 AM, Leo Gura said:

Well, many people here have actually taken 5-MeO-DMT since I talked about it, and they have directly experienced Infinity.

Of course others are bullshitting or just conceptualizing.

I have to bring this up.

Leo, I think you should pay attention more on how you say certain things. Above, your words seem to convey that 5-MeO or other psychedelics would be the only way to experience Infinity and such mystical insights.

"Of course others are bullshitting or just conceptualizing."

I get that you hold psychedelics as one of the best tools for mystical insight, but it is not the only one, and I think you should see how some people might go for psychedelics too deep and too early when they see you saying stuff like this.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"