Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SQAAD

Is Dairy Good for you or Not?

26 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura

On 4/11/2021 at 5:49 PM, Leo Gura said:

Dairy in what form and relative to what?

For me its Dairy mostly in the form of yoghurt and kefir. Low calories, low fat , high protein. And super satiating. If i eat a greek yoghurt (i am from Greece) after a regular meal, i never get hungry afterwards. It takes me forever to get hungry.

Really helpful for weight loss. And you don't have to waste any time cooking.

Its probably the most convenient, most satiating and ''healthy'' food i can eat. Other than oatmeal with takes me 6-7 minutes to prepare.

Edited by SQAAD

Just cut it out, it helped me A LOT! In addition to that it is just awkward to suck some tit liquid :D LOL 

Yes biased, but factual.

Edited by Adodd

Dairy is one of those things that is really polarized. I’ve met people who swear that it is awful and they can’t handle it and others who feel their diet is incomplete without it. I tolerate it just fine and actually find a little dairy in my diet is wonderful. I’ve never had any of those allergies and it is nutrient rich. I’m not about drinking a gallon of milk a day or having huge amounts daily but some cheese and cream and milk I find works well in my diet. 

@SQAAD  I definitely agree with @Michael569  on the oatmeal

On 03/11/2021 at 2:30 PM, Michael569 said:

@SQAAD sounds like you're trying to cheat it by cutting corners. I would encourage you to try a little bit more experimentation. 

A bowl of oatmeal (despite slightly longer prep time) will actually keep you much more satiated on all levels. Yoghurt has no fibre and generally little nutrition besides some calcium and protein, it is far from the nourishment that your body needs for proper start of the day 

A more complexity into the first meal of your day would probably make you feel better in the long term.

I assume you ae a guy somewhere between 20-25 so your body on physiological level will benefit from upping calories, upping carbs and upping fibre in breakfast 

Oatmeal can be very filling. Steel cuts oats are the best ones I heard, whole oats and then the ones Quakers make. If you don't have nut allergies, peanut butter goes nicely with oats. Get skimmed milk to start, and work you way to milk alternatives.

Fermented milk (kefir and such) is pretty healthy, other forms of milk like cheese or raw milk- not so much. I have a gastritis and after I started a vegan diet I found that the lack of kefir had detrimental effect on my health. So now I'm a lacto vegetarian and my stomach inflammation mostly eased.