Muhammad Jawad

How not to Fight / Resist an Ego Death Experience?

62 posts in this topic

@Muhammad Jawad you can't experience death, because the second you die, there won't be anyone to experience anything.

That ego so sneaky goddamn lol. 

The ego death experience has nothing to do with death, yet for some reason we always compare it to actual death even though no one actually knows what death is like as death means you literally aren't there anymore. 

Watch the body so much that one day the light bulb turns on and you realize you never watched anything. 

Edited by Fearless_Bum

2 minutes ago, Fearless_Bum said:

you can't experience death, because the second you die, there won't be anyone to experience anything.

Right then what is the meaning of the following quote? 

"Die before you die"

4 minutes ago, Fearless_Bum said:

Watch the body so much that one day the light bulb turns on and you realize you never watched anything.

Sorry, what do you mean by this? Can you please elaborate on it in more detail?

Thanks

Me & My World is the imagination of The Nothing. 

5 hours ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

Right then what is the meaning of the following quote? 

"Die before you die"

@Muhammad Jawad I'm not sure lol. Death is Death that's it, once death occurs there's nothing left. 

5 hours ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

Sorry, what do you mean by this? Can you please elaborate on it in more detail?

In meditation, pay attention to the body sensations, that is your anchor. Feel all the muscles, emotions, the breath. 

The mind will grow more and more silent, as it quiets the "real world" becomes louder than the thought stories, until it completely takes over. 

Eventually you'll see that you can't watch anything, rather Be-ing is so powerful that it is all there is and out of that arises the gift of thinking that you are there watching. 

Edited by Fearless_Bum

1 minute ago, Fearless_Bum said:

Death is Death that's it, once death occurs there's nothing left. 

What if "I" never die? Just the Ego mind and body dies?

In meditation, pay attention to the body sensations, that is your anchor. Feel all the muscles, emotions, the breath. 

The mind will grow more and more silent, as it quiets the "real world" becomes louder than the thought stories, until it completely takes over. 

Ok. Right.

5 minutes ago, Fearless_Bum said:

Eventually you'll see that you can't watch anything, rather Be-ing is so powerful that it is all there is and out of that arises the privilege of thinking that you are there watching.

Once in my meditation & contemplation, I got the realization or insight that there is only what is and no one there is to watch. It's just an illusion that I am watching. Due to illusion, I think that I am watching.

3 hours ago, Fearless_Bum said:

experiences and awakenings and ego death are beliefs and made up by mind. 

Obviously it has never happened that your ego really dissolves, and the infinite that you are is revealed. otherwise you wouldn't say that. the ego are limits, if the limits disappear, infinity is revealed. This is not even remotely an idea or a belief, it is something inconceivable to the mind. infinity is scary because it reveals a truth: "you" do not exist, you are an illusion. what you are is totally impersonal and accepting it takes time. I'm on it

Edited by Breakingthewall

4 minutes ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

What if "I" never die? Just the Ego mind and body dies?

@Muhammad Jawad I see what you're saying and I totally get it. But I deny this as well because of this dangerous possibility: 

-if you think that the ego mind/body will die, what you'll do is split yourself into the Self and the ego mind/body. 

So I rather be blunt and say that there is only death, and after nothing else is left. 

I can entertain your ego too and tell you all about infinity/love and guide you like guiding a moth to a flame, but thats not my style honestly. 

9 minutes ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

Once in my meditation & contemplation, I got the realization or insight that there is only what is and no one there is to watch. It's just an illusion that I am watching. Due to illusion, I think that I am watching.

Good ?!

5 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Obviously it has never happened that your ego really dissolves, and the infinite that you are is revealed. otherwise you wouldn't say that. the ego are limits, if the limits disappear, infinity is revealed. This is not even remotely an idea or a belief, it is something inconceivable to the mind. infinity is scary because it reveals a truth: "you" do not exist, you are an illusion. what you are is totally impersonal and accepting it takes time. I'm on it

Amazing

3 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

@Breakingthewall it is an idea/belief sorry bro but that's what it is. They are beliefs which you are currently defending, the "Absolute" is beyond all experiences, it's so simple really that people will not under any circumstances accept this. Its like the character in the story accepting that he's literally just a word. 

And it is not scary at all, I don't know why people on this forum always frame infinity/God as terrifying, that's only the case when you are there to defend yourself.

What I'm saying here is futile and will most likely be ignored, as it doesn't gratify you at all, in fact it smacks away all the illusions which is not what you want. 

So I rather be blunt and say that there is only death, and after nothing else is left. 

And that Nothing is Real Impersonal "ME". Right?

2 minutes ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

And that Nothing is Real Impersonal "ME". Right?

What do you mean?

2 minutes ago, Fearless_Bum said:

What do you mean?

You said: "There is only "Death", and after Nothing else is left."

Is Death = God = Real ME?

7 hours ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

How not to bring one's concepts, expectations etc into these experiences? 

Realize they aren’t yours. Understand what conjecture is. Stop adding more. Daily meditation & expression for years, maybe decades, and then take psychedelics. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Just now, Muhammad Jawad said:

You said: "There is only "Death", and after Nothing else is left."

Is Death = God = Real ME?

@Muhammad Jawad there's is no real you ?.

2 hours ago, Fearless_Bum said:

@Breakingthewall it is an idea/belief sorry bro but that's what it is. They are beliefs which you are currently defending, the "Absolute" is beyond all experiences, it's so simple really that people will not under any circumstances accept this. Its like the character in the story accepting that he's literally just a word. 

And it is not scary at all, I don't know why people on this forum always frame infinity/God as terrifying, that's only the case when you are there to defend yourself.

What I'm saying here is futile and will most likely be ignored, as it doesn't gratify you at all, in fact it smacks away all the illusions which is not what you want. 

3 hours ago, Fearless_Bum said:

you are completely wrong, I speak of direct experience, not belief ... but it is your choice.

people are afraid of becoming nothing / infinite, because it is the disappearance of what they deeply believe they are, of themselves, their reality, memories, their entire world. it's normal, right?

You said that we want futile illusion...Look, I wouldn't even answer you because it is obvious that you only want to show how smart you are, but the op is in a delicate moment, which I know well, and what it does not need is that they come up with enigmas of what it is not and other nonsense . the death of the ego is real. the awakening is real. It is nothing you can imagine so it is better not to talk about what it is, but about how to surrender the ego, and that's it

Edited by Breakingthewall

24 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

you are completely wrong, I speak of direct experience, not belief ... but it is your choice.

people are afraid of becoming nothing / infinite, because it is the disappearance of what they deeply believe they are, of themselves, their reality, memories, their entire world. it's normal right?

You said that we want futile illusion...Look, I wouldn't even answer you because it is obvious that you only want to show how smart you are, but the op is in a delicate moment, which I know well, and what it does not need is that they come up with enigmas of what it is not and other nonsense . the death of the ego is real. the awakening is real. It is nothing you can imagine so it is better not to talk about what it is, but about how to surrender the ego, and that's it

@Breakingthewall you are only fueling their conditionings and joining them in their self flagellation and masochistic practices which they call "spiritual". 

You want to talk of how frightening and scary infinity is because you feed on it lol and you don't want to admit it. You also want someone to tell you all the hard work you gotta do and the years it's gonna take because that means you will still be there doing all your hard work. Kinda like an unhealthy guy saying yea I got years to improve myself, eventually I'll be fit. 

I will not entertain any of that bs, mind you there are legitimate teachers who will play along with this game and that's fine, that's their method of destroying you. 

I'm not trying to show how smart I am, fucking hilarious dude, I'm trying to convey actually that this is not something that can ever be known, you're probably smarter than me for all I know.

The OP is going through a tough time and rather than piling more conditions and beliefs about God, infinity, and all that other nonsense I will be straightforward and say nope nothing is there and will be there, no Self, nothing. If you want help through tough times build meaningful relationships, see a psychologist, have a support network, live life as you are now, vent, journal, etc. 

sorry for the way i said it but i think op is a guy who is very serious about this and what you are saying is totally wrong and seems destined to sow confusion. I'm not saying it's intentional

@Breakingthewall no worries you didn't say anything mean I understand. 

I'm only saying in this thread that the quest for ego death is just a game you're playing. 

You talk talk talk, then take a psychedelic and stay quiet, then you tell your friends about it and it becomes "my experience". 

It's just a game you're playing. And I'm not saying I'm better or that I understand anything at all. 

Be careful not to take anything I say personally, i really am not intending to attack you or anyone, I'm just being honest with you, and you of course are culture/society. 

10 hours ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

Yes, At the beginning of the trip I realize the same thing that I was only a concept and then I can see everything from the perspective of God. At that moment I do not have fear of death because that experience makes me believe that I can never die but what scares me is that I am losing everything else permanently which makes me panic and start to fight with the experience.

Sorry, what do you mean?

The Real Me is just watching and don't think anything & don't doing desire anything and there is not a separate entity called "Jawad" or "I". who want to experience ego death. There are just thoughts in the consciousness and due to conditioned patterns, I start to identify myself with those thoughts and start to act accordingly.

Any recommendation? 

True

Do you want me to raise my understanding & tame the Ego Mind in a saber state so it does not become a hindrance in any kind of psychedelic experience? 

I think what happens with you is perfectly normal.  The ego does not want to die and it will do everything in its power to stay alive.  It will fight tooth and nail against death.  Stop trying to fight that and simply understand that the purpose of the ego is to exist.  But realize it is imaginary. Understanding  is key.  Now relax and let the chips fall where they may.  There will come a time one day, be it via meditation, self inquiry, or psychedelics, where ego death will be seamless.  You will be thrust into Infinity as if instantaneously.  And you will be there.. in God Consciousness.  Ego death will not even have seemed to occur because - in fact it didn't- it is imaginary.   So there will be no bad trip or struggling against death.

Continue on, it sounds like you are on the right path.  Simply roll with what is.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.