Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WokeBloke

Repeating Same Life Forever Fear

33 posts in this topic

Just read a post by justfortoday where the belief was proposed that God (you) live the same human life over and over again forever. 

Here is the quote:

"Reality is a VR experience created with infinite intelligence by nothingness itself, so that it could experience itself from a multiplicity of viewpoints for eternity.

You see, reality is a possibility pool. Basically everything, every possibility has already happened outside of time and space.

That means this very moment you are "living" has happened an infinite number of times, and will continue to happen as it is infinite."

This is a fear I have considered for the past year essentially and I was surprised to see it in someone's post especially as it was stated as FACT.

To me this is probably the biggest fear one can have.

However, I don't see why this would be the case whatsoever. If God is infinite and free then why would god choose to live the same life over and over again. I think it is an irrational fear but curious to hear your opinion.

To me posts like this especially when stated as if they are definitely true are extremely unhelpful and actually very damaging. I would not recommend posting stuff that you don't know for sure. You are only confusing yourself. Make sure you are always questioning everybody's beliefs.

I'm not sure what he was trying to covey in his original post. It can be challenging to communicate insights and it's always possible for the ego to distort things. Fear is always an indication of a distortion of truth. In my exploration of god or source I have seen no evidence of this. God is infinite creativity and expression. Does that sound like something that would want to experience the same life endlessly? 

5 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

I'm not sure what he was trying to covey in his original post. It can be challenging to communicate insights and it's always possible for the ego to distort things. Fear is always an indication of a distortion of truth. In my exploration of god or source I have seen no evidence of this. God is infinite creativity and expression. Does that sound like something that would want to experience the same life endlessly? 

exactly which in my opinion invalidates his post. The problem is people think other humans know what's going one but they really don't. yes some have more insights then others but all humans have ignorance. even the guru is a work in progress.

3 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

The problem is people think other humans know what's going on but they really don't.

Never blindly accept anyone else's truth. This is a realization everyone needs to come to on their own. People need to cultivate their intuition through spiritual practices. This will help them tremendously in discerning truth from nonsense in all areas of their life. 

@WokeBloke It’s part and parcel of the illusory experience of the self (things are really happening to me, the I who is present and aware here and now), to hide the reality that nothing ever happens twice. These words have never been said and will never be said again. I understand it can and does seem like that’s not the case, within the story, but that’s an illusion. Everything is new. Just apparently describing this.

Edited by The0Self

Infinity does not imply we will live out the same life eternally. You are already living an infinite life now, why would you have to live it out again? Specially when outside of your life time does not exist. No one holds the answer to if reincarnation exists or not. Though, I once believed very strongly what he said. I no longer do. I realized it was a very strong self delusion as the majority of my awakening experiences were. To be more specific, the way the ego interfaces with reality is that it will always show you what you believe in. It will always give you confirmation bias. Everything that happens to you, would not happen if you didn't think it was possible. Anything is possible, so that means your reality is just whatever delusions of beliefs you have manifesting into reality and we call this existence. 

This also makes everything extremally relative even if we are One. Do not believe what others tell you, even what I'm saying now. But, don't reject everything as well lol. Matthew put it well so I won't repeat too much of what he said.

3 minutes ago, Nos7algiK said:

Infinity does not imply we will live out the same life eternally. You are already living an infinite life now, why would you have to live it out again? Specially when outside of your life time does not exist. No one holds the answer to if reincarnation exists or not. Though, I once believed very strongly what he said. I no longer do. I realized it was a very strong self delusion as the majority of my awakening experiences were. To be more specific, the way the ego interfaces with reality is that it will always show you what you believe in. It will always give you confirmation bias. Everything that happens to you, would not happen if you didn't think it was possible. Anything is possible, so that means your reality is just whatever delusions of beliefs you have manifesting into reality and we call this existence. 

This also makes everything extremally relative even if we are One. Do not believe what others tell you, even what I'm saying now. But, don't reject everything as well lol. Matthew put it well so I won't repeat too much of what he said.

yeah exactly justfortoday also said something like this life is a replay or a movie that one is watching. Also stupid idea. One is making their life. Overall I wish that post I am referring to could be deleted. I never want to see it again LOL.

the only way he could "know" if that is the case is if he himself has lived infinite lifetimes already and came to this life time to express this himself. 

If this is the case and he does claim to have lived infinite lifetimes over and over and came to this lifetime, then it would make absolutely no difference to anyone of us since all of his previous infinite experiences would be memories re occurring right now to him and only him you see. It would be irrelevant and therefore useless to articulate.

4 minutes ago, The0Self said:

@WokeBloke It’s part and parcel of the illusory experience of the self (things are really happening to me, the I who is present and aware here and now), to hide the reality that nothing ever happens twice. These words have never been said and will never be said again. I understand it can and does seem like that’s not the case, within the story, but that’s an illusion. Everything is new. Just apparently describing this.

To me it makes sense. This is the only time I will ever write this post. Makes a lot of sense to me. 

Just now, WokeBloke said:

yeah exactly justfortoday also said something like this life is a replay or a movie that one is watching. Also stupid idea. One is making their life. Overall I wish that post I am referring to could be deleted. I never want to see it again LOL.

I wouldn't say it's stupid...It's a good contextualization for those that wish to latch onto a belief system such as that. But, that's just my opinion lol. I do agree we need to be careful on what we say when it comes to these things. It's a tricky situation because I can understand people's desire to teach/share. When I first awakened I really wanted to teach others, but came to the conclusion there was the potential to harm others and it wasn't worth it. But, I have nothing against those who do teach and people such as Leo have a great way of contextualizing themselves though it's still not without it's potential danger. I don't hold Leo responsible for people who take his teaching the wrong way.

1 minute ago, Mosess said:

the only way he could "know" if that is the case is if he himself has lived infinite lifetimes already and came to this life time to express this himself. 

If this is the case and he does claim to have lived infinite lifetimes over and over and came to this lifetime, then it would make absolutely no difference to anyone of us since all of his previous infinite experiences would be memories re occurring right now to him and only him you see. It would be irrelevant and therefore useless to articulate.

One can't live their life infinite times. Infinity has no max thus one could only live their life a finite number of times. It is impossible to reach infinity. His post is stupid and should be removed.

1 minute ago, Nos7algiK said:

I wouldn't say it's stupid...It's a good contextualization for those that wish to latch onto a belief system such as that. But, that's just my opinion lol. I do agree we need to be careful on what we say when it comes to these things. It's a tricky situation because I can understand people's desire to teach/share. When I first awakened I really wanted to teach others, but came to the conclusion there was the potential to harm others and it wasn't worth it. But, I have nothing against those who do teach and people such as Leo have a great way of contextualizing themselves though it's still not without it's potential danger. I don't hold Leo responsible for people who take his teaching the wrong way.

To say one's life is a replay is blatantly false with no evidence whatsoever. In my opinion its stupider then Christians who believe one goes to eternal hell when they die. Sorry I am so angry about this but those types of posts can cause immense harm to people that are just getting into spirituality and aren't very good at questioning other peoples beliefs. 

9 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

To me it makes sense. This is the only time I will ever write this post. Makes a lot of sense to me. 

Right on! But I’m afraid the radicality is absolute:

You’ve also, for instance, never been to this forum before; never seen anything before; never drove a car; never brushed teeth; showered; woke up in the morning... and yet miraculously it appeared to happened. It just didn’t happen to anyone, and it didn’t actually happen. It was (there’s no was) very simply the ungraspable appearing as that.

Edited by The0Self

1 minute ago, The0Self said:

Right on! But I’m afraid the radicality is absolute:

You’ve also, for instance, never been to this forum before; never seen anything before; never drove a car; never brushed teeth; showered; woke up in the morning... and yet miraculously it appeared to happened. It just didn’t happen to anyone, and it didn’t actually happen. It was (there’s no was) very simply the ungraspable appearing as that.

so you don't think I have past bodies?

7 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

To say one's life is a replay is blatantly false with no evidence whatsoever. In my opinion its stupider then Christians who believe one goes to eternal hell when they die. Sorry I am so angry about this but those types of posts can cause immense harm to people that are just getting into spirituality and aren't very good at questioning other peoples beliefs. 

You are free to feel however you wish, I understand where you are coming from. I don't believe he just made it up or anything but rather had an awakening experience that showed him which they can be pretty convincing when had lol. I've had the same idea brought up in my own awakening experience and believed it for a few years, but like I said I try to let go of those because it's just a lie I'm telling myself to perpetuate the illusion of "self" as a contruxt within reality. Which I'm not, there is no one to be constructed. 

5 minutes ago, Mosess said:

@WokeBloke @Nos7algiK we are all stupid here talking about the truth lol

Indeed lol.

as tempting as it is to believe in reincarnation, i have to stick with i don't know if this just happened and thats it or not

5 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

so you don't think I have past bodies?

There no I to have or not-have anything, including one body, much less multiples...in the past.

Just now, The0Self said:

There no I to have or not-have anything, including one body, much less multiples...in the past.

so you do not think my body is your body?

Or that my activity is your activity.