PepperBlossoms

The days of the week are made up

6 posts in this topic

So today, I realized that the days of the week are made up - there is no Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, ....

Time is made up too.

I realized I don't know anything.

I realized I made up the idea that there is a universe.

I realized we came up with the idea that all of this is god or consciousness and we just go with that but even that is made up.

We never die and this goes on forever so thank goodness we don't remember forever.  --(But we even made up the notion of forever??)

I realized my past is a story and I was questioning if it even happened - the past felt compressed into a single combined moment.

I felt like everyone was in on everything and my bf and Leo were trying to teach me the way - like everything is the Truman Show - but then that everyone is me so we are all clueless.

I felt like I was still in Kindergarten with how much I didn't know anything and was tricking myself that I was advanced.

Life is all a game and some are more aware that it is a game than others and it is okay to let the others keep playing the game so they can enjoy it without seeing the meta of the game.

If you want to use The Truman Show analogy, I would say that you are both Truman (main character) and Cristof (show creator) at the same time, just not aware of that fact.

One way to experience the relativity of concepts like today/yesterday/tomorrow and early/late is to screw with your sleeping schedule. We instinctively define the beginning of "today" as the moment we wake up, and if you consistently wake up at night and you talk to somebody with a normal sleeping schedule, it becomes very easy to talk past eachother ("today? You surely mean tonight?").

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

14 hours ago, PepperBlossoms said:

So today, I realized that the days of the week are made up - there is no Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, ....

Time is made up too.

I realized I don't know anything.

I realized I made up the idea that there is a universe.

I realized we came up with the idea that all of this is god or consciousness and we just go with that but even that is made up.

We never die and this goes on forever so thank goodness we don't remember forever.  --(But we even made up the notion of forever??)

I realized my past is a story and I was questioning if it even happened - the past felt compressed into a single combined moment.

I felt like everyone was in on everything and my bf and Leo were trying to teach me the way - like everything is the Truman Show - but then that everyone is me so we are all clueless.

I felt like I was still in Kindergarten with how much I didn't know anything and was tricking myself that I was advanced.

Life is all a game and some are more aware that it is a game than others and it is okay to let the others keep playing the game so they can enjoy it without seeing the meta of the game.

Are you done seeking then? Are you at peace?

@Raptorsin7 I am curious to explore more while also looking at how to integrate this into life purpose, career, values, etc.  It feels like a new dilemma of what game should I be playing with the temporariness of the person I call myself and having more significance of asking - why do that and what is the holistic effect of that going to be, but yet at the same time, if it is all a game and constructed... it feels more complicated now in a way.  If everything is one, then it doesn't matter what one does as it is still all one (my bf said that).  It feels more tricky like - why bother "save" anything when its all just here changing but yet I humanisticaly am benefitting from human efforts - why bother learn anything when we kinda trick ourselves that we "know" stuff - but yet it is still fun anyway.  The struggle of convincing oneself to do a job that really is just for money/human survival as anything we learn/change will be changed/not last in terms of infinity.  Yes I could try to get others to be more mind opening but also note that those others are me and there is the scale of just trying to get my human self mind opening or other humans (somewhat greater self) too.

@Nahm Thanks.

@Carl-Richard  Haha having different sleep schedules can be fun.