Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tatsumaru

I can't explain selflessness rationally

8 posts in this topic

After doing spiritual and actualization work for years as well as thinking about systems and wholeness plus withdrawing myself from the madness of crowds, I naturally started to include much more than my own body and my own needs within my awareness. Somehow I started to care about second and third order consequences. As an entrepreneur I started to care about adding value rather than simply generating profits through sophisticated fraud (most businesses when analyzed from a holistic point of view don't actually add any value and are therefore fraud). It's not necessarily a rational choice that I made, it feels more like I removed the barriers that my ego had created to keep me from caring. I feel like I have just been following some sort of internal compass to arrive here but I could never explain why. Sure I could give some rational reasons as to how a fraudulent civilization will inevitably collapse by depleting all of its initial value but those sorts of arguments where never the real reason why people did what they did. After all evil psychopathic CEOs are quite aware of the fact that pollution is bad for the Earth, they just don't care. Maybe it's because they believe that they will die before they see consequences or maybe they don't care for no reason at all. But the thing is I do care, I do care about reducing suffering, increasing health and beauty, exploring and building new things and I just can't say why. So when I am talking to other people and they ask me something like "Why should I care?" I can never really give a good reason. It's almost as if they are asking the wrong question since caring doesn't seem to be a matter of choice, just like love. To be honest I've always felt different even as a very young person who never knew anything about the world and its philosophies. Even at an early age I was wondering about things like "What is this I feeling that I experience, why can't anyone tell me?" or "Why are people lying to themselves all the time?". I've been searching for something all these years and it almost feels like I was born with this. I guess I always had this unquenchable thirst to understand the most basic question "what the heck is going on?". And no one around me seemed to care, they were all preoccupied with their petty squabbles and corporate quests and of course the social checklists, but somehow I saw through all this very early and then I started asking tough questions. And initially there were no answers so I started taking drugs to dull the pain, but eventually and after excruciating amount of inquiry (honestly, why does it have to be so hard?) some answers started to come. And I guess somewhere amidst those insights I just started to care and I don't think it's a belief because it's just a feeling. I can never go back to being selfish, I've even tried starting businesses that don't add any value and I couldn't do the work, I feel this crushing resistance to doing anything that doesn't actually add value. On the other hand when I am doing something that seems be beneficial to humankind I can work 100 hours week without any need for watching motivational videos and I am excited like a little kid to work on these systems. Can anyone tell me what the heck is happening with me?

3 hours ago, tatsumaru said:

I feel like I have just been following some sort of internal compass to arrive here but I could never explain why.

That compass is the truth that your true identity is Love.

After all evil psychopathic CEOs are quite aware of the fact that pollution is bad for the Earth, they just don't care.

CEOs are not evil. They are doing the highest good given their level of consciousness. Just like you. But your level of consciousness is just higher by default.

But the thing is I do care, I do care about reducing suffering, increasing health and beauty, exploring and building new things and I just can't say why.

LOVE!, you silly fool!

Since you are more conscious than most people, you are closer to Love than most people. Because Consciousness IS Love!

It's almost as if they are asking the wrong question since caring doesn't seem to be a matter of choice, just like love.

It's not like love, it IS Love!

I guess I always had this unquenchable thirst to understand the most basic question "what the heck is going on?".

LOVE!

Love is all that's ever going on.

The only question is, are you conscious enough to see it?

I can never go back to being selfish,

Because God is infinite selflessness.

On the other hand when I am doing something that seems be beneficial to humankind I can work 100 hours week without any need for watching motivational videos and I am excited like a little kid to work on these systems. Can anyone tell me what the heck is happening with me?

What's happening to you is that you are a moth circling the flame of Love, but you still don't get it yet.

You will never be satisfied until you annihilate yourself in the flame of God's endless Love.

Because you are it. You are searching for your True Self. The Self that is endless Love.

Stop taking Love for granted.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Trust that intuition to work hard for a better day. You got this.

For those who judge CEOs

Before you judge a CEO ask yourself how many people you serve and how much responsibility you are taking.

If you were in their seat, would it be different? Maybe, but the realities of business, production, administration, labour, finances etc are so complex..

Anyway, I know CEO's can do better. I just also have a deep respect for their skill set and responsibility taking. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

4 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Anyway, I know CEO's can do better.

If they could do much better they would not be CEOs.

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That compass is the truth that your true identity is Love.

CEOs are not evil. They are doing the highest good given their level of consciousness. Just like you. But your level of consciousness is just higher by default.

LOVE!, you silly fool!

Since you are more conscious than most people, you are closer to Love than most people. Because Consciousness IS Love!

It's not like love, it IS Love!

LOVE!

Love is all that's ever going on.

The only question is, are you conscious enough to see it?

Because God is infinite selflessness.

What's happening to you is that you are a moth circling the flame of Love, but you still don't get it yet.

You will never be satisfied until you annihilate yourself in the flame of God's endless Love.

Because you are it. You are searching for your True Self. The Self that is endless Love.

Stop taking Love for granted.

Beautiful <3 

I hope one day I can understand at your level. 

???????

@Proserpina One day you will become me. Then it will all make sense ;)

The way I have started to see things is that I would have made the exact same decisions as everyone else if I was given their same life circumstances. There can be no judgement as a result of this. As much as the ego wants to criticize someone for doing something that it thinks it would NEVER do…this is false.