Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Schahin

Is it better to never talk about yourself?

6 posts in this topic

I will explain the question. 

As the truth of nature is that there is no you. Would it be more spiritually progressive for "you" never to talk about yourself. That means always change your way of talking that you don't talk about yourself. 

For example:

I am hungry. 

I like this and that. 

I have had a great night yesterday. 

Would it be more spiritually of advantage not to mention the "I" and therefore not to talk about yourself but focus on talking about objective things with other people or ask about the other people's interests but try to not mention yourself, because that would be basically wrong as the "I" does not even exist and aside from being less egoistically also being closer to the Truth of reality. 

1 hour ago, Schahin said:

Would it be more spiritually of advantage not to mention the "I" and therefore not to talk about yourself but focus on talking about objective things

This is an example of your ego co-opting spirituality and attempting to turn it into a dogma. It seeks to create duality at all cost.

There is no “right way” of doing spirituality. When you awaken fully, you will realize this. Everything is Love…including talking about yourself AND not talking about yourself.

Everything is talking to itself about itself, out of pure love. There's really nothing to it when you go deep enough, both literally and figuratively.

10 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

This is an example of your ego co-opting spirituality and attempting to turn it into a dogma. It seeks to create duality at all cost.

There is no “right way” of doing spirituality. When you awaken fully, you will realize this. Everything is Love…including talking about yourself AND not talking about yourself.

lol yeah. This is basically the equivalent jacking off your ego with your left hand in stead of your right hand ?

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

3 hours ago, Terell Kirby said:

What do you mean by creatinf duality? 

Yes it just seems logical to not talk about yourseld too much because you are an illusion and therefore you are creating a lie towards yourself and you could be further on the natural spiritual path? 

Any insight? 

56 minutes ago, Schahin said:

What do you mean by creatinf duality? 

Yes it just seems logical to not talk about yourseld too much because you are an illusion and therefore you are creating a lie towards yourself and you could be further on the natural spiritual path? 

Any insight? 

The you who thinks it can do something through its own action to get further on a spiritual path is a bit more glaring an example of the apparently separate self than is a mere conventional expression ("I") used in conversation.

This is like cooling off the sidewalk with a hose when there's a burning building next to it.