Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kenn254

Why do people tend to complicate the process of success when it's simple??

5 posts in this topic

People talking about how to succeed in life tend to complicate it yet it's a simple process. The whole process burns down to deciding what it is you want and adopting self-discipline.

Remember it’s not about how you change your life, but the change that you want to make in it. If you want more money, then focus on making more money. If you want a better relationship, then work on improving your relationships with others. The key is to know what it is that you really truly desire and then go for it with all of your heart and soul…

Jim Rohn provides additional steps on the process you need to change your life forever in the following video:

This one is an extremely basic idea. Very basic but I am not judging you that much because you are a newbie as I guest. As to its why, because everybody knows what they want out of live -hopefully you are not at the state of still not knowing what you want- . About the necessity of self-discipline : That's an already well-known fact. Everybody says to discipline yourself but nobody says how to do it. The part you need to exclusively focus on should be finding different ways to improve your willpower and build a strong routine which would be the sign of a sound discipline. My opinion :)

@hyruga yeah i noticed this.  the problem with philosophy is that every perspective is situational and requires nuance 

harsh discipline might be right for someone who lost his job and needs to find a job asap and needs the motivation to find the job by a certain deadline 

or maybe even if you enjoy the work, some things in the work you won't enjoy, so maybe discipline can be helpful 

but i totally understand naval, things that you enjoy and want to do, require much less discipline, because there is a natural pull towards that thing 

@Kenn254

Why do you tend to simplify success? Of course, it depends on your goal. Everybody aims to be successful at things in accordance with their capacity. So the reason some people see success as a simple thing is because their horizon can not transcend the primitive life goals like specializing in a single subject, be it a cookery or shoe painting. You just didn't get my point but anyway, your choice... It is you who are choosing less than what you can actually do. But I am not going to force you much. Do whatever you want however you want. Good luck !