SolarPlexus

Working on life purpose while working

6 posts in this topic

Hey so I’m starting to get serious about pursuing my life purpose. I’m wondering if there’s some way of balancing things out in my life. I am working a full time job to pay the bills and save money to move out. By the time I get home I want to wind down. It’s near impossible to be creative when I get home. I feel like over working myself is not going to work. But realistically I’ll have to work my ass off for the rest of my life. Anyone know of ways to balance things out more and slowly chip away? I try to meditate and clear my mind when I get home but I can’t help but feel antsy and I grave entertainment to just let go of everything. It feels like a necessity.

It's gonna be a hard pill to swallow. The reality of being in wage slavery is, you have very little freedom or energy. So, focus on cleaning up first. This app will help you.

https://www.thefabulous.co/

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

While working construction I tried to just do any amount, even if it is 30 mins or less of LP work just to keep it going. On weekends I would try to do more.

now my strategy is shifting. I’m planning rn to try to make a lot of money, in career, business or both and work my way over the top of wage slavery. 

if I don’t get rich I may resort to living cheaply off a substantial savings i will have built and trying to get my LP started that way.

i still want to keep the habit going if possible

Edited by Bob Seeker

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

On 9/16/2021 at 11:11 PM, SolarPlexus said:

Hey so I’m starting to get serious about pursuing my life purpose. I’m wondering if there’s some way of balancing things out in my life. I am working a full time job to pay the bills and save money to move out. By the time I get home I want to wind down. It’s near impossible to be creative when I get home. I feel like over working myself is not going to work. But realistically I’ll have to work my ass off for the rest of my life. Anyone know of ways to balance things out more and slowly chip away? I try to meditate and clear my mind when I get home but I can’t help but feel antsy and I grave entertainment to just let go of everything. It feels like a necessity.

Hi, don't get discouraged when there is a lot happening.

Remember, you probably don’t have to do everything, and it’s ok to ask for help from others at times.

Check out this Earl Nightingale video about attitude blow, it will motivate you to pursue your purpose.

On 9/16/2021 at 4:11 PM, SolarPlexus said:

Lightly assign a time to that entertainment for letting go of everything. Maybe 30 minutes. And in that 30 mins, let go as deep as can be. Even if you’re watching something, or playing a video game… let the body go completely. Deeper & deeper into the muscles, ligaments, tendons, etc.  I find this to be almost equivalent to having just slept eight hours or not worked all day. The ‘five inner bodies’ model of Vippassana are very on point here. When the ‘inner bodies’ are let go, it is very much felt, and it is very deep relaxation / great feeling, and ultimately bliss such that working and not working and any entwinement with creative or not creative actually fall away. That might sound woo woo or out there, but sharing from direct experience and much inspection of this as of late. To create what I prefer to create on the project I’m on means physical labor (painting, drywalling, sanding walls, etc, etc) to the tune of twelve to fourteen hours a day, every day. Two or three times a day I sit and allow an ‘ultimate let go’ of all the ‘bodies’ and am rejuvenated. Without this, I don’t think I’d last even eight hours, and I don’t think I’d be enjoying it all nearly as much. 

There are some singular insights which come to bat in regard to ‘the changeover’… the going from working a job to whatever else, and the overlap ‘in between’… 

Use a dreamboard. No “thinker thinking”, simply, thoughts arising. Receiving thoughts & insights specific to what you desire and the way from Source, rather than ‘figuring anything out’ / ‘voluntary thinking’. 

Fist thing every morning, before any engagement with anything - connect / bring to mindfulness - that experience is one whole. This one whole experience, or, What Is… is morphing, becoming, the one whole experience you desire. Much like the trying to see if the light in the refrigerator is still on when you’ve closed the door, this morphing is unseen, but can be deduced, and thus it can be realized that you are steering it, you are at the helm, always. Thinking this what is is becoming what is desired is like, an ok feeling. Believing it is feels a bit more interesting. But knowing it is and can not possibly be any other way is ineffable. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE