Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Deep

Following Your Heart And Samadhi

39 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

Who is having union with the absolute?  Anatta in Buddhism refers to the doctrine that there is no person, and no absolute, so how can there be a union?

You also need to account for the rest of your comment, as it does not hold up in the light of day.  It looks like a belief 

46 minutes ago, kurt said:

There is no "union" because non existent entities cannot "unite" with "nothingness

I agree. But awakening from egoic self has got to start somewhere. That somewhere is a union called Samadhi. The absolute will than be revealed within the heart of Samadhi. Again, it's a process of unfolding. If you take it to the limits from the start, you often loose people because the ego can't relate directly to the absolute. This is where Samadhi comes into play.

1 hour ago, kurt said:

@cetus56 Union with what?  Anatta is a buddhist term.  The anatta doctrine states that there is no self. They examined the elements and declared them to be "empty" but failed to recognize that what was witnessing the emptiness was Bhraman, awareness/God.  So Anatta is just a philosophical misconception of the nature of reality which means that Buddhist doctrine is still stuck in this material universe, therefore it is a humanistic philosophy.  But Bhraman is the only thing that exists, and the world does not exist, it only appears to exist.  There is no real "samadhi" because samadhi is a state experience in the apparent non existing universe of which Bhraman is the ever present witness of. Bhraman doles out state experiences which we call samadhi, but these are in the dream. There is no "union" because non existent entities cannot "unite" with "nothingness" because nothingness is a philosophical concept (as I mentioned before).  Also, how can all entities awaken and return to the absolute?  There is nobody here to awaken, there is only Bhraman looking at its creation.  You also mention "God" in the same sentence as anatta, which means you are lumping Bhraman in with the Buddhist concept of anatta, but if you are to refer to the Buddhist concept of anatta then you cannot talk about God in the same context - the two are incompatible because Buddhists assert that there is no God.  So this is not right either.  "God" is the aspect inherent in Bhraman  which is called ignorance, or "Maya" which  projects and a world. However there is no real world.  You can verify this yourself by contemplating the concept of time.  Time is a thought, is it not?  If time as a concept, and there is only one "eternal now" then how does this account for the fact that your body changes and deteriorates over time?  If there is no time, and only one moment, the "now" that means the body never changes.  And its true, because there is no world, no body, its just Bhraman projecting thoughts every nano second that seem to look like a continuity of a life, its not a real creation, its a projection, like a predetermined programme.  Your "life" has happened before, many times, and will continue to happen again in the next cycle.  Its like a movie playing over and over.

I'm not saying we should chase samadhi but if it happens, great. I don't think it does us any good to say the world "doesn't exist" or it's just Brahman. I know that's a paradox of enlightenment. For example, if people didn't experience samadhi they wouldn't have came up with this idea of Brahman in the first place. You're free to think whatever you want to but I would not philosophize. 

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS 

@Deep Its not  philosophy.  The fact that you exist says you are Bhraman, thats no belief system of philosophy.  Thats self evident.  Now, think about time, contemplate it and you will understand for yourself that the world cannot exist - then your mind "stops".  Thats samadhi, but its just a state in the dream where the thinker exists.  Youdont go around thinking "the world does not exist" lol, however I can see thats how it looks to a person who does not have a proper spiritual practice.  You merely understand that the world cannot be any other way than it is, because you know it is a movie, a projection.  Thats enlightenment.  If you are looking for enlightenment thats it, if you are looking for samadhi experiences then youre just wasting your time, because you can seek as many samadhi experiences as you like, but they wont liberate you from the feeling of lack and separation until you understand what experience actually is.  Ironically understanding puts you in a permanent "samadhi".  Thats called "happiness" :)  If you actually just stopped and thought about what im saying you would free yourself right now.  Then, the lack would come back, and you contemplate more, and it goes on and off until the knowledge is steady.  I am Bhraman, it cannot be logically any other way.  Thats what happened to Maharshi, he did inquiry on it, he didnt collect a bunch of beliefs and talk about the state of samadhi.  He did the actual work.

Edited by kurt

1 hour ago, cetus56 said:

I agree. But awakening from egoic self has got to start somewhere. That somewhere is a union called Samadhi. The absolute will than be revealed within the heart of Samadhi. Again, it's a process of unfolding. If you take it to the limits from the start, you often loose people because the ego can't relate directly to the absolute. This is where Samadhi comes into play.

?  Are you joking around, because I cant tell if youre being serious or not.  To me this sounds like youre trying to save face because your belief has been exposed.

And your "kundalini" is just the aspect of you that seeks a spiritual solution rather than a worldly solution.  The kudalini energy theory is another belief, it doesnt rise up and merge with shiva, thats the leela theory of awakening, its another action/experience based belief system taken from yoga.  Nobody ever got enlightened with yoga.  Are you people mad??

Edited by kurt

14 minutes ago, kurt said:

?  Are you joking around, because I cant tell if youre being serious or not.  To me this sounds like youre trying to save face because your belief has been exposed.

Pick your mask from the ancient gallery and walk on down the hall.

3 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

Pick your mask from the ancient gallery and walk on down the hall.

You do know youre making it more difficult for new people because youre selling them belief systems that have no basis in truth?  Why are you here spreading your beliefs?

1 hour ago, kurt said:

And your "kundalini" is just the aspect of you that seeks a spiritual solution rather than a worldly solution.  The kudalini energy theory is another belief, it doesnt rise up and merge with shiva, thats the leela theory of awakening, its another action/experience based belief system taken from yoga.  Nobody ever got enlightened with yoga.  Are you people mad??

Where did you get your information from? I can literally feel the sensations in my back. It's a practical experience. It sounds like you're dismissing it because you haven't experienced it. Even though everything is Brahman we can't dismiss our experience. When they say Shiva, it's not meant to be taken literally. It just means our experience intensifies from the normal level of consciousness. 

Edited by Deep

2 minutes ago, kurt said:

You do know youre making it more difficult for new people because youre selling them belief systems that have no basis in truth?  Why are you here spreading your beliefs?

Everybody wears a mask, plays a role. Nothing difficult there to comprehend, newbie or not.

1 hour ago, cetus56 said:

Everybody wears a mask, plays a role. Nothing difficult there to comprehend, newbie or not.

Can you actually answer the question?  Or you just going to play mind games avoiding being challenged on your silly beliefs?

1 hour ago, Deep said:

Where did you get your information from? I can literally feel the sensations in my back. It's a practical experience. It sounds like you're dismissing it because you haven't experienced it. Even though everything is Brahman we can't dismiss our experience. When they say Shiva, it's not meant to be taken literally. It just means our experience intensifies from the normal level of consciousness. 

Are they sensations?  Or are they thoughts?  Actually answer the question put to you.  Inquire into see if reality exists, it APPARENTLY exists, but if you inquire into it, you will see that it cannot exist in the way that you have been conditioned to believe.  This is common sense not philosophy.  The world is only apparently real, its not real, the only thing that is real is awareness.  Bhraman is just a "name" for awareness.  Shiva and shakti is the leela theory, and its not true because it rests on the assumption that the apparent reality must merge with Bhramnan and thats their non dual theory.  But Bhraman is non dual in itself because manifestation is not real, its a dream, apprrances to the contrary notwithstanding.  It looks like you want to uphold your beliefs despite evidence to the contrary.  Thats called delusion.  Delusion is fine, its maya operating its pre existing programme.  Im not going to conveince you because youre predestined not to be enlightened and to remain in the dark.  It is as it is.

Edited by kurt

2 hours ago, kurt said:

Can you actually answer the question?  Or you just going to play mind games avoiding being challenged on your silly beliefs

Your very question is a game. All this is an endless game with no absolute winner. Wake the FUCK up.

@Deep @Deep if you are interested in to feel the kundalini energy rising in your body, there are couple of things you can do. Put your feet into the salty water twice a day. Put some ice on your liver once in couple of days or so.. move a candle on your left side of your body gently up and down, like again once in couple of days or so. Your body starts to sense it better. But if you feel burning sensation or warmth I suggest you to say ' I forgive' the kundalini sensation is generally a cool breeze. As if there is a very light wind around you. Also it's possible to sense the vibrations of objects, people, concepts like this too.

@Sevi Thanks, you're right, it's a cool breeze. lol 

@kurt After thinking about what you said, I have to agree with you as well. 

@kurt does all this mean that seeking the experience of truth (like samadhi) is actually counter-productive towards enligthenment?

Would you say that all one needs to do is actually, for the first time in one's life, just stop for a moment?

On 12/15/2016 at 6:55 PM, LetTheNewDayBegin said:

@kurt does all this mean that seeking the experience of truth (like samadhi) is actually counter-productive towards enligthenment?

Would you say that all one needs to do is actually, for the first time in one's life, just stop for a moment?

I'll give you the benefit of my experience, but im in a hurry here, so please forgive my hurried tone.

Work is involved, psychological work, dealing with ones likes and dislikes and not taking them as commands so that we stop creating tendencies for experience and instead create tendencies for understanding.  The ego is nothing but ones likes and dislikes that are taken to be who we are.  If you can practice undoing values that extrovert the mind toward sense objects and start creating values for getting the mind still enough so that understanding can take place naturally, then you cannot lose, self inquiry will happen naturally from awakening into the gross world and even continue into the dream state, day -in -day-out.  Creating a like or dislike for experience is more "ego", create a vasana for inquiry instead and it will just happen naturally.  What Ramana actually advised (in my opinion) was to seduce the mind into just being still so it can understand that it is pointless to keep seeking for itself in experience.  He called this "resting in the heart". 

I dont chase samadhi, I am samadhi.  The mind is so conditioned to seek experiences that it tries to get all these mystical samadhis, satoris, clarity etc that when all these experiences end, it gets annoyed and tries to get the experience back again, and this is a trap, because if you understand how the mind is set up, you can see that experience chasing just creates more experience chasing.  

From the get go were told who we are - consciousness - no need to look for it then, is there?  No need for netti netti in order to find ourselves.  Just contemplate "what does experiences actually do for me?"  If you are sincere, you will always discover that experiences do nothing for you in terms of limitless happiness.  Any action produces limited results, so inquire into action and you will discover that action only leads to suffering.  Examine experience, because experience is set up only to frustrate us until we learn what those experiences mean.  If you delude yourself with beliefs from external sources that experience can solve your problem (self help is the worst for this, and it works because they keep you purchasing their products instead of telling you the truth - they would be bad business people if they told you the truth, wouldnt they?) then you are not ready for inquiry.  This is why self development and realization dont mix, because self development is experience and action based, and enlightenment is outside of experience.  

Heres a good teaser if you want some more info.  It might open some more doors for you you follow this chain of thought:

Edited by kurt