Raphael

What Does it Mean to be Educated?

4 posts in this topic

For me, the times when I feel like I'm genuinely being educated is when I learn a piece of information and suddenly life and the world around me just makes more sense. I think whatever kind of information causes this is different for anyone but it usually aligns with the way you naturally see the world. Personally, I'm really interested in things related to the social sciences because my mind naturally thinks along those lines and as a result, studying those subjects, subjects related to that, and subjects that are close to that really produce that feeling of being educated. My dad on the other hand doesn't get it and to him it seems like pointless theorizing. He's much more on the hands on practical and technical side of things so as a result, some of the things that make him feel educated are things that often pertain to business or how different machines, particularly cars work. Growing up, I never understood the car thing. But oh well, we both have our own lanes. 

I would say that being educated is like that aha moment that makes you feel like your consciousness IQ went up a couple points and it's because you learned something that pertained to the truth as it points to a tiny portion of infinity. 

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

5 hours ago, Raphael said:

Your thoughts?

you filled your head with stuff the outside values

@Raphael The common meaning would be a person who has acquired a lot of knowledge. It doesn't mean the person is conscious or wise. Knowledge is just human made up concepts and information. It has nothing to do with truth.