Wilhelm44

What is meant by the evolution of consciousness ?

8 posts in this topic

If consciousness is infinite and in a sense the changeless ocean in which all apparent change appears, what is meant by the evolution of consciousness ? I assume it refers to evolution in the relative and not the absolute . . .

@Wilhelm44 This is something I have contemplated often as well. In the absolute sense you could say you contain and know it all. So, yes the evolution refers to the relative. In a sense we seem to limit our awareness to have the experience of discovery and evolution from a new point of view. 

1 hour ago, Matthew85 said:

@Wilhelm44 This is something I have contemplated often as well. In the absolute sense you could say you contain and know it all. So, yes the evolution refers to the relative. In a sense we seem to limit our awareness to have the experience of discovery and evolution from a new point of view. 

Thank you, that's what my intuition was telling me, ie the Absolute does not evolve.

Teotl (God) is a shape-shifter. It doesn't actually change or evolve, except in appearance. But appearance = truth, and form = formlessness. So, it does change and evolve from that perspective.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

Isn't the term "evolution of consciousness" used by science to describe how it believes consciousness is derived from matter? 

I'm not a scientist so don't know, but I always thought that was what the term related to 

1 hour ago, Jonty said:

Isn't the term "evolution of consciousness" used by science to describe how it believes consciousness is derived from matter? 

I'm not a scientist so don't know, but I always thought that was what the term related to 

Yeah, that's how scientists see it. I think I have heard Leo use the phrase "evolution of consciousness" also though, he said he'll do a video on that topic in the future if I'm not mistaken.