Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seed

Loneliness

4 posts in this topic

Has anyone got any strategies for managing this?

Thank you   :ph34r:

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I was struggling with loneliness quite a bit too! Recently it pretty much disappeared and I am suddenly not lonely anymore, enjoying solitude, enjoying connection with like-minded people when it is there, but not attaching to that anymore, not needing it to be there. It seems like I just accepted the transient nature of life. What helped most was to accept my loneliness. To really feel my loneliness in my body, to acknowledge it. And then I did something I have always wanted to do – in my case it was applying for an artist residency and working on some art – and naturally I met a lot of like-minded individuals. But my loneliness already changed before, when I accepted it and fully decided to carry my home within myself no matter where I go and just do things I genuinely enjoy. With this excitement it's much easier to meet people and it's also okay when you part ways again. You just attach less to people and friendships, knowing they will come and go. But that does not mean that you don't care! I care a lot and deeply connect but I appreciate the connection independent of its duration and don't have to necessarily stay in touch afterwards. 

So my advice is: Start a little adventure, do something that excites you and something that is totally new to you! Promise yourself to become your own best friend, treat yourself well and accept that at the moment you feel like you are lacking social interaction, friendships or a romantic relationship. Wholeheartedly accept this longing and know that it's ok to feel that way. Remember that this feeling will pass at some point but for now it's how you feel. Maybe try to even dive deep into this feelings, really examine it, where do you feel your loneliness in your body? And just send love to yourself and have compassion for yourself.   

Edited by Pilgrim

@Seed Second that :), hope you're doing okay :) .

When I'm feeling lonely I just call up a girlfriend and blabber. When I'm feeling lonely and I don't want talk to anyone I just read a fictional book and wander off into my imagination. I get really into it :D.