Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Godishere

The "I am more conscious complex"

22 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Godishere said:

@Leo Gura yeah, I'm saying that as a figure of speech. It means the pursuit of enlightenment is a means to an end. How can the ego not use it for its own selfish purposes? I mean sure you can argue one is in search for the Truth. For what? For it's only selfish purposes. Once you discover the Truth/nothingness/infinity/no-self/Love then what? If you were truly selfless we couldn't be here to discuss it.

All the consciousness in the universe then back to your self. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing more pleasurable than infinite consciousness and awakening. And in saying that, I will continue to dissolve the self for years to come.

My point remains, love is the only answer. Loving unconditionally. Not because it's a saintly, moral fantasy but because I am everyone and everything.

If you feel I'm still missing something, please let me know. Maybe I'm wrong. I know nothing but what I've gathered from my own experience of awakening.

You have found some deep wisdom my friend.    Just remember enlightenment and awakening is not egoic pleasure it's beyond that or prior to that..it's God awakening to itself and that cannot be put into words.  However- to your point if one remains blinded by selfishness this has no chance of occurring - 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

The phrase is impossible. You can't be more nothing than nothing. What we experience as consciousness is literally nothingness. Maybe more objects can group together and appear in that nothingness (you and your mind being one of these objects), but of course the nothingness never ever and could never change.

It is exactly like people say, trying to see your eyeballs with your eyeballs. No matter how far you retreat you can never find anything back there. There is NOTHING there.

When I see Vedantists say "Brahman has no properties" etc and that it can't be captured in any word, I am sure they mean the same thing as Buddhists, despite commonly using the consciousness moniker...

Edited by RMQualtrough