Vision

How to come up with a name for your brand?

5 posts in this topic

I really want to think hard about this as there’s usually no going back once you pick one and it takes a lot of time to develop a brand. 

The ones I initially thought of are already taken. 

8 minutes ago, Vision said:

I really want to think hard about this as there’s usually no going back once you pick one and it takes a lot of time to develop a brand. 

Actually companies change their name in the early stages often.

Obviously you want to avoid that if you can. It can be costly to have to redo all your branding. But it does happen.

And unless you're already a huge company, changing a name will likely be a small endevour. And if you are a huge company, then congratulations, you've already built a huge company anyway.

I wouldn't make this a top priority. People will buy from a brand named zcgi87 if you truly solve their problem. There are things that are way more challenging in starting a brand than picking a name, and that's where you want your attention to be.

7 hours ago, aurum said:

There are things that are way more challenging in starting a brand than picking a name, and that's where you want your attention to be.

Double click on this.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

@aurum I know that changing your name at the beginning doesn’t hurt as much, but I want my name to have some meaning behind it. 

And you’re absolutely right about not making it a top priority. I’m focusing on the core aspects too. I’ve gotten more ideas while I was working on it. I should be able to figure it out soon, if I find that it’s been 2 weeks and I haven’t just gone with one I’ll just jump in.