Waken

The joy and freedom in not trying to make it happen

6 posts in this topic

Letting go means giving up to try to make it happen. Mind wants to get a hold of what it thinks will satisfy it, but the mind can't do it, it can't make it happen. You can't make it happen. Trying to make it happen is an anxious energy, a tension. You can't get to freedom, to relaxation by practicing that energy, that tension. You can only let go, and "let it happen".

Letting go doesn't mean giving in to tendencies to numb or distract yourself, such as busying oneself with Facebook, Youtube, eating, etc. Let go of those tendencies and do what feels best in the body instead (instead of what the mind projects will be satisfying and fulfilling), even if that means feeling some of the discomfort, unhappiness, that's been attempted to not feel.

Give up to find things like relationships in order to find safety, satisfaction, fulfillment and such. Let go of trying to look for meaning in a philosophies, group, and whatnot. Let go of trying to understand things in order to attempt to get what you want. Let go of trying to become someone.

Just let go of seeking, let control go. Let go of trying to steer the ship, you can't do it, and you actually really have no clue what is best for you and how to bring that about. Follow the current of life. Let life guide your boat. Do what feels best to do, which is just going with the flow in a sense. When you're attempting to align with what actually feels good, you'll become a better and better sensor for what actually resonates with you, what feels good to you, and you'll learn to discern that from those energies of 'trying to make it happen', which can be labeled as anxiety, which the mind may try to fool itself into believing is excitement. You'll get better at that discernment between negative based energies such as anxiety, looking for meaning, looking for satisfaction and on the other hand positive energies that are of joy, relaxation, inspiration, etc.

When letting go, things will get simpler, when things get simpler you'll start feeling better. More neutrality comes, more soberness comes, more freedom comes. Then joy comes, the joy of being free. And when joy comes, perhaps the law of attraction will now give you all the things that mirror your good feeling state.

236391101_839053320334349_1818191121072906834_n.jpg

Edited by Waken

Agreed. Some of my best psychedelic trips came about when I completely let go of expecting any sort of experience and resulted in feeling bliss and euphoria on levels that were so incredibly powerful in my body that it almost felt unfair. 

I like reading and watching videos about all of this stuff, but sometimes I find myself digging too much or even just trying to digest too much at a time and is no longer enjoyable. I get back to the basics once I notice that happening. 

Edited by kamwalker

@Surfingthewave Very welcome, thy art

@kamwalker 'that is almost felt unfair', lol, I can imagine such a reaction. I think if you like reading and watching video's, then that is great. But if there is a sense of fear (anxiety) behind it, of wanting to grab something, then perhaps take a breath and feel what actually feels best to do.