Alysssa

I'm looking for books about systematic thinking and more

8 posts in this topic

I have dominant stage green and some of the yellow which I aim to develop completely. I understand that systematical thinking is an important part of the yellow. I'd like to get book recommendations about systematical thinking and/or other books that would help me to integrate yellow.

Thank you.

“My meditation is simple. It does not require any complex practices.

It is simple. It is singing. It is dancing. It is sitting silently”

OSHO

Haven't read it myself.

Apparently this is the go-to though:

Thinking in Systems: A Primer, by Donella Meadows.

"I wanted only to try to live in accord with my true Self. Why was that so very difficult?" - Herse

"As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” - Goethe

"There are no bad parts" - Schwartz

This free e-book has been a longtime favorite of mine. http://www.chanceandchoice.com/

Its accessibility makes it easy to give it a glance anyhow,,,

While not about systems thinking specifically it goes holistically into information and areas of knowledge you could view as systems thinking. The following is a couple of snippets from the introduction-

Wisdom is the ability to live coherently in a chaotic world. It requires the "knowledge behind the knowledge". This means an understanding of the hardware of the mind, its structure, as opposed to the mind's software - the particular languages, sciences, and religions which occupy the mind. This is knowledge of chance and chaos, and how to find the hidden order which lies behind chaos. The order is found in structure, number, geometry and music. They allow you to make sense of chance, to understand the meaning of your life. Understanding the mind's hardware empowers the individual to make the appropriate choices in the chaotic world of chances.

This is a book about the practical "know how" of chance and choice. It is a technical reference and guide for those people who are on a Path of Wisdom. Ideally it should be read through all at once to get an overall idea, and then re-read and studied for an exact understanding of specific areas of interest. It is a holistic compendium where almost every page summarizes volumes of other books and could be a launching pad for further investigation. If you are hungry for Wisdom-Knowledge, but don't know where to start, or reach a dead end, just open a page at random and take a chance. A Path of this kind has a million different beginnings all leading to the same place: your true self. ,,,,,,,

Chance and Choice can and should be understood on many levels, not just rationally, but also intuitively and emotionally. Many diagrams and photographs are included for that purpose. The methods and experiments, coupled with PrimaSounds, photographs and charts, help the reader use all sides of their brain. This allows you to move beyond mere intellectual understanding, into a transformative Path of Wisdom-Knowledge. This book serves as a basic reference for that Path.

The Path of Wisdom essentially has four steps:

(1) know your body,

(2) create your energy body,

(3) create your meaning in life, and

(4) participate in a global network of friends where your meaning can be fulfilled in history.

These steps are not sequential, they all happen at once, with a change in emphasis over time. The "first" step of body awareness comes from exercises and practice, not reading this or any other book. Still, some references are provided in this book to "body work". The creation of an energy body, a dream body, comes from active imagination, exercises and meditation. Again, no book can do this for you, but PrimaSounds can help. This book is primarily of service to the third step of making sense of the world, creating your own meaning in life. For the fourth step a School of Wisdom or other friendship group is critical. With the help of local groups you can think universally and act globally. In this way you can fulfill your potential as a participant in the ongoing game of human civilization.

All four steps on the Path of Wisdom can be significantly helped by group work and teachers. To fill this need groups like the SCHOOL OF WISDOM are spontaneously opening all over the world. They are based on the tradition of direct Wisdom transmission, and are usually unorganized and independent. This book can serve both as a handbook for these groups, and a vehicle to help prepare potential students and teachers for such a school.

Chance and Choice is best studied with others, ideally with a SCHOOL OF WISDOM and an experienced teacher, but at least with one or more friends in an informal study group. Many of the ideas are only suggested, or briefly sketched, and require group study and dialogue to understand and implement. What may be incomprehensible to you, may be clear to another. The pooling of different viewpoints, background and experience will make this book far easier to understand. Further, the process of communication itself -putting your insights into words for another, or formulating your questions - frequently leads to new realizations. A word of caution here, don't be too intellectual or take yourself too seriously, have fun with this material, play with it as a kind of "glass bead game". People who are too serious are not really mature.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@SLuxy Thank you! if you haven't read it yet why do you recommend me this book? I mean, why this particular book? 

@Zigzag Idiot Thank you for the book and the good explanation!

Is there somewhere a kindle version of this book? Anyway I'll check it.

“My meditation is simple. It does not require any complex practices.

It is simple. It is singing. It is dancing. It is sitting silently”

OSHO

@Alysssa Its recommended by a book list I respect a lot.

"I wanted only to try to live in accord with my true Self. Why was that so very difficult?" - Herse

"As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” - Goethe

"There are no bad parts" - Schwartz

@Alysssa so you mean more in sense of contemplative-systematic as in systematic techniques or systems-thinking as a dynamic technique?

I guess what you mean is *Systems* thinking , not *systematic*  

There are many Books ,Videos you can find on systems thinking ,

For general purpose Thinking in systems by donella meadows is a good start

also http://www.systems-thinking.org/index.htm this one is useful website

and this website is a great tool to create a habit of seeing the day to day world in systems https://thinkingtoolsstudio.waterscenterst.org/courses/habits

Lastly https://ncase.me/loopy/

this tool is used to simulate and test your systems thinking models , its very intuitive , give it a try 

Edited by flyingguitarist